Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 30-09-13, 12:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Corsair M65 stopped working

Hi Greybeard,

I've had my Corsair M65 mouse for about 6 weeks. Everything has been perfect so far, and I love it. I've just been gaming tonight for several hours, and then I shut my PC down, remembering I need to download the BF4 beta, I turn it back on right away, and then the mouse doesn't work. I turn my PC on, and I noticed the 3 DPI setting LEDs on the top were on the lowest one, which I'd been using before I shut down, this was strange because it's always switched back to the highest setting when I turn it back on.

At this point, the cursor isn't moving when I move the mouse, I can't click anything (attempting to right click desktop), and I can't change the DPI setting on the mouse.

Naturally I try unplug it and plug it back in, and nothing. Try restarting, and nothing. Tried several different USB slots, and nothing. I try a different mouse I have and it was fine in the same USB slots. I try to reinstall the M65 software, but when I click through the wizard it prompts me to plug in the M65, so I do, and then try navigate through the install with keyboard, and it says M65 isn't detected (and the DPI LED is still on the lowest setting).

Visually, when plugged in, some of the blue LEDs are on, but there is no visible light from the sensor at the bottom (I'm not sure if there usually is with laser mice, but there wasn't when I checked anyway).

I can't think of anything else to add really, so is there anything else I can try, or will it just have to be an RMA job?

EDIT: Actually, it's not on the lowest DPI setting LED, all three of the DPI setting LEDs are turned off. The LEDs on the two buttons to adjust the setting ARE on however.

Old 01-10-13, 06:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Hey Remmy, that's odd - it was just working then all of sudden it becomes non-responsive. Have you tried flashing the FW? Make sure that you plug it on a USB2.0 port when re-flashing. Corsair M65 FW 2.26
Old 01-10-13, 10:31 PM
OC3D Elite

I've never updated the firmware on anything, or flashed anything (except neighbours out the window.. JK)

I'll give it a shot, thanks a lot. I'll let you know how it goes of course.

Update: Unfortunately Greybeard, I have the same problem as when I tried to reinstall the driver/software for the mouse. I get to the stage where I click update firmware and it prompts me to plug the mouse in, which of course it already is. So basically it just seems like it's not being detected by the PC anymore. It also seems odd that it only happened after a restart too.

Old 02-10-13, 10:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
I've never updated the firmware on anything, or flashed anything (except neighbours out the window.. JK)
LOL..

Well, looks like the mouse decided to quit working for good. Let's get it replaced. Submit a ticket and let me know what ticket # is and I can handle it from there.
Old 02-10-13, 11:19 PM
OC3D Elite

I've just submitted the ticket now; Ticket #6169289.

Thanks very much for your help

Old 03-10-13, 12:37 AM
OC3D Elite

Got that approved. Sent you a message as well.

No problem at all
Old 03-10-13, 12:44 AM
OC3D Elite

I've just remembered, I've put my address as my home address, but I need it sending to my university address, is that alright? I'll PM you the address maybe?

Actually nevermind, I think that was just the address for signing up, not postage. I'm just going to try enter the shipping details now

Old 03-10-13, 12:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Sure, not a problem. I'll just have our customer service update the address for you.
Old 04-10-13, 12:13 PM
OC3D Elite

I've just sent the M65 now, it was £11.70 including insurance, and tracking, so that was cheaper than I expected for that service to be honest. The cheaper option was about £6.50, but that wasn't insured or tracked, so I didn't want to go for that. It should be there in about 3 or 4 days.

Old 05-10-13, 12:24 AM
OC3D Elite

Thanks for the update Remmy. Do you have a tracking info by any chance? that way I can show it to our RMA dept and once confirmed, I can ask them to send out the replacement already before even receiving the faulty unit.

Tags
borken, corsair, faulty, m65, rma