Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Memory

Old 18-08-13, 01:22 PM

Question Mushkin enhanced blackline 2400mhz

I just recently bought a 16gb kit of Mushkin enhanced blackline running 2400mhz, and i wonder why it is not one of the most popular kits?
I mean, the heatsinks looks better than any other kits i have seen, the price is relatively low, and the timings are great.
Is mushkin more known for their cheaper RAM and SSDs?
I am just completely baffled by the fact that i have only seen one build log using this kit.

Thoughts?

Old 18-08-13, 02:18 PM
OC3D Elite

I didn't even know they made SSDs, but they are well known for making high quality RAM. I've no idea why they're not more popular, I don't think the availability is great on a lot of sites which is why I never got Mushkin when I made my PC, I just went with Corsair Vengeance because that was everywhere

Old 18-08-13, 02:20 PM
OC3D Elite

It's probably because of availability. I can't really buy any proper Mushkin kits where I live, but there's pleny of Corsair, G.Skill and Kingston stuff. Naturally a lot more people would buy those and I don't think the price difference is that big.

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 18-08-13, 02:20 PM
The Guvnor

I used to use them in the bench rigs but then they just went quiet and people didnt carry much stock. big shame tbh

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 18-08-13, 02:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
It's probably because of availability. I can't really buy any proper Mushkin kits where I live, but there's pleny of Corsair, G.Skill and Kingston stuff. Naturally a lot more people would buy those and I don't think the price difference is that big.
I'm not surprised you can't find any, I've been looked 'Under my bed' too and I could never find any unfortunately

By the way Tom, great news you're back on your feet and on the mend, the recent videos are much appreciated, been having withdrawals...

Old 18-08-13, 03:17 PM

No vendor in Norway sells them, so I ordered my kit from ebay for 190$, it is shipping from the US, and i expect a crazy customs fee. But i really dont care about the price, since they look so ballin'
Old 18-08-13, 03:18 PM
AMD Enthusiast

In the US Mushkin isn't really hard to find. Almost on any online site. Maybe EU was a bad market for them so they stuck with the US market? We'll never know.
Old 29-08-13, 03:08 PM

Plus I have to add the customer support from them has always been stellar for me, about 6 or 8 years ago I had some Blackline DDR2 Memory go bad, called them up, wasn't even in stock and was almost 1 1/2 yrs old by them, they shipped me two new sticks with a prepaid box for the defective ones, then a month ago I rma'd my cpu and my 2400 Kit from them wouldn't post after getting the new cpu, the tech over the phone went through all the settings with me telling me what was possible, sadly my new i7 still won't hit 2400 like the last one, but it's running at 2200mhz with very tight timings at least. I wouldn't expect a companies tech support to be that smart and helpful and friendly. Normally I can barely understand what they're saying to me. Do wish they were as popular as they used to be :/
EVGA GTX 980 SC
Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb, WD Black 1TB
Phanteks Entho Primo

Tags
mushkin, mushkin enhanced, mushkin enhanced ram, ram