Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 12-05-13, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
Yeah I work from home at the moment, so there's lots of time for forum browsing and
participating during workdays. And the weekends, well they're not much different.
I'm gunna aim to be as active as you you're ever present.

Old 12-05-13, 11:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregPalos View Post
I'm gunna aim to be as active as you you're ever present.
Old 13-05-13, 08:48 AM
The Guvnor

That paint job is terrible. Ugh theres nothing I hate more than crappy paint, it makes me shiver

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 13-05-13, 11:27 AM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
That paint job is terrible. Ugh theres nothing I hate more than crappy paint, it makes me shiver
Each to their own Tom :P I think it makes it look more tough. In fact I think it is too clean and needs more scratches ;D. Presuming you don't like rat-rods either...
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 13-05-13, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Tom, are you ever constructive in your comments?
Old 13-05-13, 05:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to alienware
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregPalos View Post
Tom, are you ever constructive in your comments?
Dude he's right. That case has been completely raped.

I didn't post anything before because I was of the opinion if you haven't got anything nice to say ......

But honestly it looks horrific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Each to their own Tom :P I think it makes it look more tough. In fact I think it is too clean and needs more scratches ;D. Presuming you don't like rat-rods either...
I'm all for Steam Punk builds and builds that follow a proper theme of being rusty and old. All that's happened here though is some one has taken a gorgeous limited edition case and buggered it analy.

If something has been done badly then it does not come under the rat rod look, it just looks terrible.
Old 13-05-13, 06:23 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Dude he's right. That case has been completely raped.
It could be much worse. He could've painted it bright green,stuck LEDs everywhere and had monster logos and/or Nvidia logos stuck on everything bar the usb ports ,but then again that is my definition of a case that has been 'raped'. Personal opinion,eh?

He's still got work to do in order to make a rat, I'll give you that though.

OP, maybe a little sanding will remove the need for hammer?

Also, it really isn't as limited as inwin say. The main issue is no one buys them
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 13-05-13, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
It could be much worse. He could've painted it bright green,stuck LEDs everywhere and had monster logos and/or asus ROG stickers stuck on everything bar the usb ports ,but then again that is my definition of a case that has been 'raped'. Personal opinion,eh?
Now you're making it personal.

Case modding comes down to preference and taste. However, when something has been done badly then, well, it's been done badly.

People's tastes in modding are completely different as are the projects they decide to take on. I've seen 1920's radios turned into PCs, hell, even a fibreglass human torso. However, whatever your tastes the quality of workmanship is the most important part.

If something has been bodged and done badly then it's never going to look any good no matter what you do with it.

This case costs £250+. A case of this price and quality should be done properly, otherwise let's just heap praise on some muppet with an aerosol.

If you're referring to the case mod I did with your scathing reply there? at least the work was carried out properly and done properly. If you don't like how it looks? fine, I didn't f***ing do it for you.
Old 13-05-13, 06:32 PM
Banned

Apols for the DP.

If you disagree with Tom and I and think that this case looks nice then I tell you what, here's what you can do.

Take the photos of it and post it on Bit-Tech and Specialtech and other modding forums and see what replies you get.
Old 13-05-13, 06:54 PM
OC3D Elite

I think you are being very unfair dude. Building pcs is an expensive game there are different budgets and every person has a different ability, some cut a window in a panel while some fab a case from scratch. This guys has built a pc that he is happy with and probably poured his heart into making it the way it is which makes it invaluable to him. So let him be. I have seen plenty of builds on here that I have thought were crap and said nothing. Because its rude and unnecessary. I'm not 100% happy with my build. Far from it actually but I sweated over it so I love it regardless of its level of completion. It's something I have been noticing has been getting more common is people being critical or mean. If everyone just takes it easy and respects other people workmanship wether good or bad. Things will go nicely

Tags
gtx 690, h-frame, inwin, mod, raider