Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU
View Poll Results: Shall you be upgrading to Haswell?
Yes, straight away! 42 17.28%
No, I'll stick with what i've got. 109 44.86%
I'll likely wait for the prices to come down later in the year, then upgrade my system. 31 12.76%
I want to wait until the price lists have been released before I make any real decision. 28 11.52%
I honestly don't have a clue. 33 13.58%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-05-13, 11:06 AM
Josh Weston Josh Weston is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 3,520
[OC3D Poll] Will you be upgrading to Haswell?

With the release of Intel's 4th Generation of i3, i5, and i7 processors fast approaching, we at OC3D are curious as to how you guys feel about upgrading to Haswell.

We've been shown a load of Z87 teasers from motherboard manufacturers, including the latest photos from Gigabyte, and it's around this time that a lot of you will have made your mind up.

So, what shall it be?
Tell us what you think and be sure to vote!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-05-13, 11:08 AM
Feronix's Avatar
Feronix Feronix is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Dungeon
Posts: 7,683
If I can sell this rig (I have a person who is interested) I might stick with my spare rig until the summer and then upgrade to an i7 4770k set-up with 16GB RAM (2133) and maybe 2 GTX 660 Ti's in SLI. Going all out this time
__________________
~Rick

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-13, 11:11 AM
SeekaX SeekaX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,757
Yep, 100% sure.
I won't keep this fx-4100 any longer than i have to and why would i buy IB/SB if i can get Haswell for the same price.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-05-13, 11:15 AM
Ciric Ciric is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ishøj, Copenhagen @Denmark
Posts: 68
I might upgrade about this time next year, but very much doubt it.
...but i'm gonna get a Haswell based notebook this autumn, if they manage to get the fixed revisions out the door by the time i need it.
__________________

i5 2500K @ 4,5 GHz
HD 7950 @ 1100/1250 MHz
8GB HyperX @ 1600 MHz
Custom Liquid Cooling
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-05-13, 11:18 AM
SieB's Avatar
SieB SieB is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dudley
Posts: 8,135
I am going to upgrade, i'm still on a 2500k so even if Haswell is only a 10% increase over Ivy it's ~20% increase over Sandy, and that's without overclocking.

Don't think I can afford everything at once (life n bills) so i'll probably grab a mobo on release, the CPU a couple of weeks after, then a 350D or maybe another case soon after that.
__________________
NZXT Switch 810 - i7 6700K - MSI Z170A Krait - 32GB Corsair Platinum SE - MSI 1070 - Crucial MX100 256GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB HDD - Corsair H100 - Corsair RM1000i SE - Asus VE247H

PC Audio: Asus Xonar STX - Sennheiser HD650.
Portable Audio: FiiO X3II - Audiofly AF140 - Etymotic ER4s - Fidue A83.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-05-13, 11:19 AM
mrapoc mrapoc is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Shropshire
Posts: 5,679
Only just upgraded this year and it does me fine.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-05-13, 11:19 AM
giannakos23 giannakos23 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posts: 183
maybe...i don't know yet...i'm happy with my 3570k !!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-13, 11:24 AM
Cru's Avatar
Cru Cru is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,488
yes, 100%
gonna get me a 4770k
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-13, 11:28 AM
madness777's Avatar
madness777 madness777 is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Slovenia, Nova Gorica
Posts: 448
I might use it for a new m-ITX build I'm planning! So, first, the price, then the decision!
__________________
| ASUS Rampage III Black Edition | i7 980X @ 220x18 3.969GHz 1.257v LLC=50% | EK Watercooling CPU GPU |
| G. Skill RipJaws 3x4GB 12GB 2200MHz 11-12-11-28 CR1 | ASUS GTX970 | SeaSonic
Platinum 660W |


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-05-13, 11:28 AM
athlon64 athlon64 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Croatia / Split
Posts: 102
Send a message via MSN to athlon64
Not yet, my 1055t at 3.8 ghz will do the work one more generation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4th gen, asrock, asus, biostar, core i3, core i5, core i7, gigabyte, msi, oc3d poll, poll, upgrade, z87 chipset

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.