Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 14-04-13, 02:24 AM

Question Which monitor??? Help~

Hey guys, I bought a ve278q last year with my system and since then have been using it with my 24" old Samsung as dual screens. With tax returns around the corner and exams almost done and over with, I thought this would be a good time to treat myself with another 27" and finally getting rid of the 24" LCD. So I started researching and found that there are at least 3 models of Asus led monitors at the same price range. I guess my question is, between these models, which is "better" ? ve278q ve278h vs278p-q. Which would you recommend?

Side notes:
-I know 27" with 1080 is not "desired" to some people, but as of now I have no need to go 1440
-I'm not "brand loyal" but because I own a Asus VE, I wish to have a second monitor close to the VE's aesthetics so they will somehow "match"
-I did read the statistics of those monitors and there are very little difference between them.. that's why I need you guys' opinions

Thanks!

Old 14-04-13, 10:44 AM

So between the ve278q and the ve278h (I don't even know what this is vs278p-q).

The ve278h has a higher contrast ratio and has these inputs HDMI x 2, D-Sub.

The vw278q has these inputs HDMI , D-Sub, DisplayPort, DVI-D.

But in my opinion you should definitely be aiming to get an IPS monitors these days, especially with a 27" using 1080p res, to improve that picture.
Old 14-04-13, 04:41 PM

Thank SPS. So any specific monitor you would recommend? I really am open to anything that is 27" and is able to be put on a VESA Wall Mount..
Old 14-04-13, 05:01 PM

Something like this maybe? http://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-I2757FH-...0p+ips+monitor

I dunno, it may be best to save up for a 1440p monitor. Most of the 1080p 27" ones look to be cheap and cheerful. There aren't many 27" 1080p IPS monitors available.

I prefer the Dell Ultrasharp range myself and a few people on here are fans of the BenQs and Iiyamas which tend to be more reasonably priced.
Old 14-04-13, 11:06 PM

Buy the one SPS inked you to. I use that panel, very good for the money and good for gaming if you game.
Memory: 16GB - G Skills Ripjaws Z @ 1866 || SSD: Crucial M4 128GB (OS) || HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Games) || Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X || CPU + Mobo Cooling: Custom water cooling || Power Supply: Corsair TX950w ||
Case: Coolermaster HAF X

OC3D Overclockers Club Member #018
Old 15-04-13, 01:33 AM

I haven't seen this one in person for myself, but one of my friends recently bought it and really likes it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/ViewSonic-VX...=viewsonic+IPS
Old 16-04-13, 06:10 AM

Alright Thanks guys. Just a quick additional question here cos I do not want to waste this post and start another one. First I will explain my set up. I have the Asus ve27 hooked to 680 via hdmi, and the old 24" samsung via dvi (mainly just to play hd videos and blu-ray movies). Today when I was playing around with the monitors and started playing around with the setting, I realized that my monitor is recognized as HDTV instead of PC in nvidia control panel. So I switched to make it so my 27" is connected via dvi and my 24 via hdmi, and immediately I noticed the (quality/colour) difference. I know that hdmi is the same as dvi and this isn't making any sense to me at all, but even my little sister was asking me when I was playing the same blu-ray movie, "why has the samsung image quality gone so bad ???"
Any ideas ?!?!?!?!?!?!??
Old 16-04-13, 09:42 AM

What Samsung is it? Have you checked your settings for the DVI input? You could have some dodgy contrast/brightness settings on it.
Old 16-04-13, 03:33 PM

It is a samsung syncmaster t240hd.
Just to make sure I made my point.
What it is right now is that on either monitor, the quality is BETTER with DVI compared to HDMI

DVI is better than hdmi on both 24" and 27".
Old 16-04-13, 07:11 PM

Ahh ok that kinda makes sense then as those Syncmasters are HDTVs disguised as monitors and they probably assumed people would be using DVI for PC input. I'm not sure how many GPUs came with HDMI outputs in 2008.

Tags
asus, monitor