Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 01-04-13, 08:45 PM

Club 3D HD 7870 Joker Alternatives?

After watching Tom's video on the Club 3D 7870 Joker (basically being a toned-down 7950), I was wondering if there was any other card brands that sell the 'new' 7870, this is due to the fact that no brands make it obvious as to whether or not the model they are selling is the newest version of the 7870.

The only reason I am looking for a Club 3D alternative is the reported issue of high temperatures, however if anyone here has a card and would say otherwise that would be greatly appreciated!

I am also open to suggestions for good nvidia cards in the same price point! Thanks in advance!!

Old 01-04-13, 08:46 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to alienware
It's not new any more and will be phased out soon so grab any one you can.
Old 01-04-13, 09:31 PM
too many shrooms

vtx3d hd7870 black and the sapphire hd7870 xt, and yeah they are getting phased out now so get one while you can. mine is overclocked an runs at 70c under load
Old 01-04-13, 11:04 PM

There is also the powercolor 7870 xt myst edition which i have. i have mine overclocked on a very low speed fan profile and it never gets above 67c ish

that being said im pretty sure the club 3d, vtx3d and powercolor cards are all exactly the same just with different stickers
Old 01-04-13, 11:28 PM
too many shrooms

yeah they are its just the powercolor one has an extra bit on the shroud, smithy what is you card clocked at an what softwear do you use to overclock it?
Old 01-04-13, 11:39 PM
OC3D Elite

a 7870 tahiti LE Direct CUII would be so freaking awesome.
Old 01-04-13, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
yeah they are its just the powercolor one has an extra bit on the shroud, smithy what is you card clocked at an what softwear do you use to overclock it?
my current stable clocks are 1200MHz on the core, and 1650MHz on the memory, fan profile is set so it doesn't go over 35c while benchmarking (as long as the temps stay down) and my max temp on heaven was 64c. the only drawback with this card is the volume of the cooler, hence the low speed settings but if you are gaming you are going to have speakers/headphones on anyway so its not so bad since you can set the fan speed very very low when its idle.

I'm using msi afterburner to overclock it and set fan profiles, this is the first graphics card i have ever overclocked and i think i can squeeze a bit more from the memory and maybe on the core too but the slider maxes out at 1270MHz anyway
Old 02-04-13, 12:11 AM
too many shrooms

ahhh i have mine going through afterburner too but only have my clocked at 1050mhz, does your clock speed stay up at 1200mhz in the status shoing bit at the side?because mine didnt until i took off power play and you temp are much better than mine for your clock
Old 02-04-13, 01:57 PM

no my clocks go up and down like a normal one which is quite annoying, how did you go about disabling powerplay?
Old 02-04-13, 02:25 PM
too many shrooms

in the beta version of afterburner its in the setting option tho when you do with my core clock at 1050 my card was at 70c

Tags
7870, club 3d, graphics card