Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 30-03-13, 08:39 PM

I found some forum entry that says that the h220 pump has a max flowrate of 1100 lph. I assume that means litres per hour. But because I am a newbie to watercooling, I dont know what that means for expandability , considering that the pump might get loud when turning up to the max, and the whole point of wc is performace and silence so...

Tubing wise, just to get it right: I would be fine with Primochill Advanced clear tubing and mayhems pastel ice white, right? Is this ehe "advanced" tubing ?http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...pid-17627.html

Old 30-03-13, 08:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesius View Post
are you sure that the swiftechs pump is going to up to the job of pumping through another rad and a GPU block?
the H220 is using the mpc-35x pump, it is plenty of flow and pressure..
Old 30-03-13, 08:50 PM

Thought so... LinusTechTips Linus recommended the H220s pump for multi gpu setups, so it cant be that bad...

So just to sum up: I might get the H220 in the top of the stryker, a waterblock for the 680, probably a Alphacool ST45 240mm full copper rad in the bottom, all noctua fans running @ 7V directly off the psu TTL style. The Prolimatech Advanced 3-8" ID - 1/2" OD clear tubing and mayhems pastel ice white coolant.
That ok?

Now one more estethic question: The H220 has kind of barb fittings. Would it look better then to use barb fittings for all the othe components, too, or could I also go with compression fittings that might be easier to deal with?
Old 31-03-13, 04:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Martin takes a close look at the pump in his review of the H220.

I wholeheartedly recommend his website in general, very thorough reviews. One of the best watercooling resources on the web.
Old 11-04-13, 03:45 PM

Another question came up on me. While I was reading about the different coolant types on mayhems website, they say that their coolant is not compatible with Primochill tubing. That goes against the statement
njallday made a few days ago.

So what tubing to use with Mayhems Pastel Blood Red or Mayhems Pastel Ice White?
Old 11-04-13, 04:09 PM
OC3D Elite

I'm no expert water cooling is new to me, but from me asking the same question the other day. I was told that the Primochill LRT is a no no, but the primochill LRT advanced is fine. The advanced doesn't have any DEHP in it, so won't cause clouding on the inside wall of the tube. I hope that advise was right as I've just bought a couple of meters of the stuff.
Old 11-04-13, 08:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstung View Post
I'm no expert water cooling is new to me, but from me asking the same question the other day. I was told that the Primochill LRT is a no no, but the primochill LRT advanced is fine. The advanced doesn't have any DEHP in it, so won't cause clouding on the inside wall of the tube. I hope that advise was right as I've just bought a couple of meters of the stuff.
As far as I'm informed, that is correct. There's two sorts of Primochill tubing: The "normal" one and the "Advanced something something". The advanced stuff is the one you want to be using with Mayhems stuff (or just in general ).

Tags
beginner, config, cooling, water