Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 14-02-13, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark3Max View Post
Hi (SS) Stu, your build looks great so far . I think the black and silver color scheme will look great in that case . The silver mylar braiding on all the cable would look epic. Have you decided what rad your putting in the roof ? And are you going to watercool you video card ? I know that pretty much depends on whether your going to wait on the new cards come out . Your idea will look great when your done.
Thanks. I'm still deciding on the rads at the moment. It's looking like i will either have two single 120mm rads. One in the top in push/pull going into one in the back in push then to the CPU. Or just one 240mm in the top in push. I leaning more towards 240 in the top because i don't think a single 120 in the rear will look good because it hangs too far over the CPU!

I'm not planning on water cooling the graphics card i think if i hold out for the right card with the right color look it will be fine. When i install the graphics card it will block all the right hand side of the case so i will not be putting a window in this side because all you will see is the graphics card, which i don't want! So instead i will be installing a window in the I/O panel side so everything is on view.

Old 14-02-13, 08:48 PM

I have some 5V adapters for the fans. I'm happy with running the front and rear fans at 5V because they will be very quite. But do you peeps think i will be OK running my radiator fans at 5V or should i get some 7V or 12V adapters?

Old 15-02-13, 04:28 PM

i believe that it would be nice if you were to paint the outside frame of the fans siler and the inside black or the opposite ...what do you think ??
also the sleeved cables look amazing !!
btw we have the same car
Old 15-02-13, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giannakos23 View Post
i believe that it would be nice if you were to paint the outside frame of the fans siler and the inside black or the opposite ...what do you think ??
also the sleeved cables look amazing !!
btw we have the same car
Thanks. It would look good to paint the case handles silver. I will need to get special paint for this with them being made of a soft plastic, so the paint doesn't crack.

The crystal clear fans look fine i don't think i will be painting any fan as i'm sure it may unbalance them. I may paint the black fans though as you say just the outer frames ill have to see.
I will be braiding all my cable with MDPC - Grey MKII.

lolz about the car, and yeah its a nice car! Drinks plenty mind you.
Old 15-02-13, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (SS)Stu View Post
Thanks. It would look good to paint the case handles silver. I will need to get special paint for this with them being made of a soft plastic, so the paint doesn't crack.

The crystal clear fans look fine i don't think i will be painting any fan as i'm sure it may unbalance them. I may paint the black fans though as you say just the outer frames ill have to see.
I will be braiding all my cable with MDPC - Grey MKII.

lolz about the car, and yeah its a nice car! Drinks plenty mind you.
yeap that's true about the plastic handles but it would a lot nicer i'm pretty sure about that !!
nice choice on painting the other fans !!
have fun while building and keep us up to date !!

Tags
build, gold, itx, prodigy, watercooling