Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 22-01-13, 01:11 PM

those hardware prices are horriffic. 79$ to build instead of 120$? I'd check the hardware prices with the companies charging 120. Add everything up, compare. Looks to me like you're literally paying double the price from that 79$ company... then again im not well informed on the australian currency, for example, a system th at performs identical to that would run up about a 1200-1300$ bill from US/CA/EU.

GTX 560 superclocked 930mhz
Zephyr 720W PSU
Crucial Ballistix Tracer orange/blue 4GB 1600mhz
Sandisk SSD 120GB
Old 22-01-13, 01:56 PM

yeah bro its really quite disheartening, ive been to australias most popular site PCcasegear.com and even then the price is still round the 2400 range with an even worse gpu, the Hardware prices are astronomical and with sites like amazon.com not shipping hardware to australia it makes it extremly difficault to avoid the high price bracket that australia has

This is the real kick in the teeth... Australia charges around 500$ on orders from overseas that are pver 1000$ in value!!

Can you guys reccomend some full tower cases or mid towers from that ple website that i should use for my build i have a budget of 220$ for the case
and im leanign towards the CM Storm Stryker over the CoolerMaster HAF X
Old 22-01-13, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Netplus are cheaper for building fees. Great QC process. Top store.
http://www.netplus.com.au/
$2400 is heaps for a good build ill post back a bit later with something.

Click to view full size!

Then just add your case of choice that fits the h100i and windows 8 pro.
Old 23-01-13, 04:04 AM

Thankyou for that reccomendation, i have a question for all of you,
Would a HAF XM be a viable solution for an SLI 670 build on a maximus V formula with 3770k? i would also like to find another motherboard instead of the MVF if i was going to do an sli 670 solution due to teh fact that a 1080p monitor basically ruins the point deosnt it?

the 670 sli solution costs 798$
to put that into perspective the 690 costs 1400$ while the 670 sli is 602$ cheaper and only with 5-10% less performance. so as far as savings go that is bloody fantastic

As you may not know i am new to the desktop bracket as i have used gaming laptops for the past year and am looking for not only a great gaming computer but also a computer that will last atleast a few years due to the fact that i am just completing a certidicate 4 in game developement and then going to uni for either software developement or a major in games development and i want to not have to upgrade for a while because the uni costs are high (in excess of 20,000$)

thanks dor the reccomendation deejeta the place is 15mins don the road from me haha
Old 23-01-13, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mate I live in Melbourne and MSY and Centrecom have stores all over Australia. MSY is the cheaper of the two but only slightly.

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 or MPower. Save yourself $400 over that Asus heap.

Spend $2 on a screwdriver and build it yourself. Dont pay someone else to do what you can do yourself for free.
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060WF3OC 6GB
Audio: Onboard out to Logitec 6.1
PSU: Thermaltake Litepower 700w
Case: Thermaltake Dokker
Old 23-01-13, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

HAF XM's are an ok case quite reasonable priced as well for the features. ROG boards are dear as poison. I look at mine and often think why I paid so much for it. Anyway. Like as stated above - the MSI Mpower & GD65 are top boards and will do everything the rog board will do. If you're not too far from me I could show you how to build a pc if you like.
Old 23-01-13, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejeta View Post
HAF XM's are an ok case quite reasonable priced as well for the features. ROG boards are dear as poison. I look at mine and often think why I paid so much for it. Anyway. Like as stated above - the MSI Mpower & GD65 are top boards and will do everything the rog board will do. If you're not too far from me I could show you how to build a pc if you like.
thanks for the help getting my hands on an mpower could be difficault from the ple webshop
Old 24-01-13, 12:10 AM
Advanced Member

http://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?...CategoryID=302
This board is another option for you mate. The only downside is its choice of audio codec used on the board. Still a great board though.
Review:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/...rboard_review/
Old 24-01-13, 04:39 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Why not a fractal deisgn r4 window version as a case? I also agree with the ROG being a waste. Mpower or GD55/65 are the best IMO, also much cheaper! And ya build it yourself. youtube videos can teach you and walk you through. If you really want it to lasts a long time, SSD is the only way to go for storage really.
Old 24-01-13, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to grassman
If you are stuck on wanting red then go with Asrock Fatal1ty.

Tags
crossfire, sli, storm stryker, z77