Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 22-12-12, 03:38 PM

New Cooling Loop questions

hey guys,

i am looking to get into water cooling. right now i am running a 3770k at 4.5 GHz at 1.224v. my room temp right now is around 18c and my idle temps are 33c package. at load with prime95 for 1 hour we get to 85c. but bear in mind that it is pretty cold ambient, so in the summer i have seen max temp reach 94c...pretty bad. right now i am cooling with the noctua beast NHd14.

so for summer i want to put in a custom loop now, during holiday. so i am going to get the "XSPC Raystorm RX360 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit w/ D5 Variant Pump Included" and as the specs mention this does not come with fans.

so what kind of fans should i get? i want something quiet so i was thinking of the corsair sp120 quiet editions. but then i saw that there are "high static pressure" and "high airflow" editions.

so what would be best for the RX360, and how much would temps differ in a push/pull, versus a push or pull config?

my next question is coolant. i want a solid color so really the obvious choice is mayhems pastel. oh i already answered my question because that stuff is great. so i thought. i live in the US, and mayhems re-sellers only carry the concentrate. HOFSMH. so i need to mix the the stuff, but i don't understand how to do it. i know that if i was going to use the regular dye i would mix with DI water i would need the x1 treatment, right? but if i want to use the pastel. do i mix it with DI water and x1 treatment or do i just mix it with DI water? and how much x1 treatment do i use? i want the green, but i am also going to want to add more green.

i should also add that i want a custom loop over a closed loop solution because eventually i will want to add the GPU to the loop. i am pretty sure i will need another rad but i am not sure.

any help will be appreciated.

Old 22-12-12, 03:44 PM
OC3D Elite

The RX is a low speed fan optimized rad,it will work with most fans.
I use the corsairs myself.
Dont bother with push/pull,that works better with high FPI rads such as the GTX.

Old 27-12-12, 03:53 AM

Just add the required amount of distilled water to the concentrate.
Example: For Pastel, add 750ml water per bottle of concentrate. For X1 add 1750mL of water per bottle of concentrate.
Old 04-01-13, 05:43 AM

hey guys/girls, i really need some input on some rads. i have max clearance of 90mm, so my question is what would be best:

XSPC RX360 in push only config (83.5mm)

or

XSPC AX360 in push/pull config (90mm, Pushing clearance limit)

or

any Rad in push or push pull that will fit in the 90mm space <$100 USD
Old 04-01-13, 05:57 AM
OC3D Elite

the XSPC RX, Alphacool UT, Hardware Labs SR1 are 55-60mm thickness. and there
are others. like B suggested, the lower FPI rads do not need the push/pull config.
and stepping into a thinner radiator to run push/pull is slightly walking backwards.
most of the Raystorm 360/D5 kits ($299) ive seen all include the XSPC 1650 fans.
and what case is this all going into?
Old 04-01-13, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdeano View Post
the XSPC RX, Alphacool UT, Hardware Labs SR1 are 55-60mm thickness. and there
are others. like B suggested, the lower FPI rads do not need the push/pull config.
and stepping into a thinner radiator to run push/pull is slightly walking backwards.
most of the Raystorm 360/D5 kits ($299) ive seen all include the XSPC 1650 fans.
and what case is this all going into?

i was about to edit when i saw that you had replied.

i want to use corsair SP 120's preferably QE's.

this is all going in a modded CM Storm Trooper.

i will also get a 240 rad in the bottom identical to what is chosen for the top. and i will also be ditching the kit and go for a completely custom loop.
Old 08-03-13, 03:58 AM

link in my sig to what i ended up with

Tags
fans, mayhem, raystorm, rx360, xspc