Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 18-08-12, 04:34 PM
Average Penis Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrevautour View Post
yes, it does in that light, but less so in real life it matches well and you cant even see it in the dark which it usually is in the room.

do you have pictures of your AMD Sempron system? i'd love to see that
You wouldn't want to see it. My uncle made my system when I was 7 years old, and he didn't use the cable management holes :P

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 18-08-12, 10:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
You wouldn't want to see it. My uncle made my system when I was 7 years old, and he didn't use the cable management holes :P
yes i like all kinds of computers not just modern ones. i think old computers are also really interesting and i love seeing them. i'm fascinated by this though do you use that system on a daily basis?
Old 18-08-12, 10:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post
I'm not completely happy with the cable management yet so no "real" photos. The cables look mostly fine, but they need a bit of work before I will post photos.
okay well let me know when you do post photos i'd like to see!
Old 18-08-12, 10:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Hey, does anyone know why I used to be able to edit posts and now I can't seem to anymore? (the original post, not comments)
Old 18-08-12, 11:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdeano View Post
yeah, that is a nice rig-build. since i was disappointed in my 800D, i was always looking to
the 650D, but was leary from the 800D experience so moved to team cooler master with the
690 and now to the arc midi. but now i'd trade the 800D for the 650D. so jelly! congrats!

airdeano
hi!
how long did you use a 800D for? what did you find disappointing about it? i always liked the look of those but they are quite large. When I saw Tom's review of the 650D it got me interested in it, and then I saw them in the store a few times and I really liked the look of it and the size. I think it's a pretty nice size for an air cooled system and I love the aesthetics of it, and the features. I've heard people say the 800D has some issues but I definitely love the 650D.

I also saw Tom's video of the 690 II Advanced white edition and I liked it a lot. I like that it has a fairly elegant, minimal design. I think its really nice looking. how did you like your 690?

Your system is built into the Arc Midi now, how do you like it?
Old 21-08-12, 09:30 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Hey, does anyone know why I used to be able to edit posts and now I can't seem to anymore? (the original post, not comments)
With the forum software change the edit option disappears after a short . We're hoping that this issue will be fixed in the near future *fingers crossed*
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Old 24-08-12, 03:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
hi!
how long did you use a 800D for? what did you find disappointing about it? i always liked the look of those but they are quite large. When I saw Tom's review of the 650D it got me interested in it, and then I saw them in the store a few times and I really liked the look of it and the size. I think it's a pretty nice size for an air cooled system and I love the aesthetics of it, and the features. I've heard people say the 800D has some issues but I definitely love the 650D.

I also saw Tom's video of the 690 II Advanced white edition and I liked it a lot. I like that it has a fairly elegant, minimal design. I think its really nice looking. how did you like your 690?

Your system is built into the Arc Midi now, how do you like it?
i had it since they released it in 2009 (still got it). ills of the 800D:
i first (like most) used air-cooling.. big mistake.. invested $450 in fans, controllers
and alike to make a problem worse.. this case cannot breath for an air-cooled case.
passing air from chambers to CPU to where gawd knows.. it was a waste of time and
money. so water-cooling.. to make decent temp deltas (and at the time) thermochill
120.3 was the rave with deltas and a shroud was to be the bomb.. it wasn't needed
more so go to the lower chamber with monster mods.. before i went there, i crap-canned
it and got the cooler master cm690 (best thing since sliced-bread). dunna know what
to do with this 800D as it was the first my case for me. it is big, but not in the right
places, with too much emphasis on drives... now on the arc midi with two opti bays
(unused) and loving it.. got four ideas for the arc and got some build time
coming up to 'speriment, but still got a heart for the 650D and will have one eventually.

airdeano
Old 24-08-12, 04:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post
With the forum software change the edit option disappears after a short . We're hoping that this issue will be fixed in the near future *fingers crossed*
That's strange!
Old 24-08-12, 04:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdeano View Post
i had it since they released it in 2009 (still got it). ills of the 800D:
i first (like most) used air-cooling.. big mistake.. invested $450 in fans, controllers
and alike to make a problem worse.. this case cannot breath for an air-cooled case.
passing air from chambers to CPU to where gawd knows.. it was a waste of time and
money. so water-cooling.. to make decent temp deltas (and at the time) thermochill
120.3 was the rave with deltas and a shroud was to be the bomb.. it wasn't needed
more so go to the lower chamber with monster mods.. before i went there, i crap-canned
it and got the cooler master cm690 (best thing since sliced-bread). dunna know what
to do with this 800D as it was the first my case for me. it is big, but not in the right
places, with too much emphasis on drives... now on the arc midi with two opti bays
(unused) and loving it.. got four ideas for the arc and got some build time
coming up to 'speriment, but still got a heart for the 650D and will have one eventually.

airdeano

I had heard that the airflow in the 800D is not very good and having the 2 sideways facing fans blowing over the drives instead of a front intake does not seem like a good idea to me. Looks wise I like it but when the 650D came out I loved the look of that too, and its definitely not a small case either. I think the 650D is a great size for an air cooled system. Also the air flow and temps are very good in the 650D as it has 2X 200mm fans that move loads of air and the case has a very open and flexible design. A great design in my opinion.

How did you manage to spend that much on fans and controllers?

I'll be keeping my eye out to see what you do with your Arc Midi, and your 650D when you get one!
Old 28-08-12, 05:31 AM
OC3D Elite

back in the day... fans werent as price conscience as there are today. since the 800D uses 140mm
fans and the heyday was (and still is) 120mm fans. dunna know if i'll crack back into it or not.
loving the arc midi. i like 'em so much i got three of them.. one for the family PC, one for
measurements (got some wild hair to make some different cases) all torn apart, and one for
my PC that'll fit my desk area...

this is all i have to show for now...

a preview.. dont tell anyone...

airdeano

Tags
650d, corsair, intel, obsidian, radeon