Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Air Cooling

Old 19-05-14, 01:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Niar View Post
oh shoot i'm sorry, completely forgot about that :s
I'll look the fans up, they look pretty good
there will be 4 drives installed, so the AF fans should be fine?
You were getting the Enthoo Pro, right (different thread)?

Should be good, just leave an empty drive caddy between each drive. HDDs don't need that much cooling anyway, mine is tucked all the way up in a 5.25 bay where there's barely any airflow and usually operates at around 35°C.

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 19-05-14, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
You were getting the Enthoo Pro, right (different thread)?

Should be good, just leave an empty drive caddy between each drive. HDDs don't need that much cooling anyway, mine is tucked all the way up in a 5.25 bay where there's barely any airflow and usually operates at around 35°C.
yes, i just fell in love with that case
i wasn't really worried about the hdd temps but more about the general airflow for the vrm's on the mainboard or the graphics card. but should be fine, thank you!
Old 19-05-14, 01:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Niar View Post
yes, i just fell in love with that case
i wasn't really worried about the hdd temps but more about the general airflow for the vrm's on the mainboard or the graphics card. but should be fine, thank you!
It is a very sexy case, especially for the price

Yeah, don't forget that you still have rear/top fans too though, those are a lot closer to the CPU socket area than the front intake ones. Best thing to do would be to set the front and rear as intakes (get a magnetic dustfiler for the rear) and use the AIO as an exhaust.

This way there is positive air pressure within your case which will help keeping the dust out, rather than when you have more exhaust than intake fans, which would then pull the dust into the case.

Also do mount the AIO fans in pull so your rad is easier to clean if you go for convenience. It's very tempting to choose looks and have the fans visible though.

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 19-05-14, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
It is a very sexy case, especially for the price

Yeah, don't forget that you still have rear/top fans too though, those are a lot closer to the CPU socket area than the front intake ones. Best thing to do would be to set the front and rear as intakes (get a magnetic dustfiler for the rear) and use the AIO as an exhaust.

This way there is positive air pressure within your case which will help keeping the dust out, rather than when you have more exhaust than intake fans, which would then pull the dust into the case.

Also do mount the AIO fans in pull so your rad is easier to clean if you go for convenience. It's very tempting to choose looks and have the fans visible though.
okay, thanks for all the help, definitely will do as you said

Tags
akasa, gigabyte, ud5h, viper, yellow