Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 30-11-13, 04:01 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for your suggestions, guys! I finally decided on going with the SSD's as data storage and got a 7990! I also changed the PSU for a 600W bequiet Straight Power (non-modular)!

I guess a build-log will follow soon

Old 30-11-13, 04:22 PM
OC3D Elite

With a dual-GPU card like the 7990 you're going to need some more power than that tbh. A good quality 750 Watt unit should do.

AMD website:
Quote:
- 750W (or greater) power supply with two 150W 8-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended
- 1000W (or greater) power supply with four 150W 8-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended for AMD CrossFire™ technology in dual mode.

NOTE: Minimum recommended system power supply wattage is based on the specific graphics card and the typical power requirements of other system components. Your system may require more or less power. OEM and other pre-assembled PCs may have different power requirements.
A Corsair AX760 would be perfect, but it doesn't *need* to be. As long as the PSU is a maximum of 160mm long and of good quality.

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 30-11-13, 05:45 PM

Thanks!

Oh, thanks for the heads-up!
I'm going to get an AXi760 then It matches with the H100i and also works with Corsair Link, which is a nice additional feature!
Old 30-11-13, 05:49 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Better off with a regular ax760 tbh. Corsair Link isn't worth the additional money for a PSU.
Old 30-11-13, 05:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Better off with a regular ax760 tbh. Corsair Link isn't worth the additional money for a PSU.
Agreed.
The regular AX760 is also a rebranded Seasonic unit where the AXi series have a different OEM iirc.

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23

Tags
graphics card, high value, itx, ssd, video editing