Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > Introductions

Old 04-11-13, 09:24 PM
Advanced Member

Talking Hello! :D

Hi, my name is Max and I'm from the Netherlands. I have been looking around on the forums, website and the OC3D channel a lot and I thought it would be helpful for me to join the forums, since I'm planning on building a new rig soon

At the moment I'm gaming on my Asus N56 laptop. It's got a GTX 740M gfx, which is by far better than the Ati 4770 (512MB RAM)which is currently in my rig which I built 2 years ago. I was a bigger noob back then than I am right now, I have learned a lot by watching tons of video's and reading reviews.

Here's some photo's of the 'rig' I currently own, which I only use for eh, nothing really, to be honest. I personally find I did a pretty OK job on managing the cables, since there is no such thing as intended cable-management in the Cooler Master Mystique.

Here is one of the three messy images I made.

Again, for this being a case without cable management, it looks fairly OK, I guess.. I used some un-used space(as in, space which wasn't intended for any use by the manufacturer) for routing the cables to the other side of the case which looks like this:

Although it looks like there is some space for cable management, it really wasn't intended, which made it quite difficult, lol.

I plopped an 64GB SSD in between the 5.25" bay and the motherboard tray. It was quite difficult to squish it in there, I'm probably never going to get it out of there either, but I don't think I need to.

Heh.

Here's a list of the stuff I put in this case;
3rd gen i5 dual core @3.33GHz
An intel mobo
12 gig's of Crucial 1333Mhz RAM
Ati 4770 (passive cooled)
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
WD Silicon Edge Blue 64GB

Again, I know much better what hardware to buy for proper performance now. I keep facepalming when I think of the specs of this build

So, that was my way-too-long introduction of me and my newb-build, I hope to learn more stuffs and post a build log of my upcoming rig. It's going to be a rig with the Corsair 350D, the ROG Maximus Gene VI, 32gigs of Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM (I do a lot of 3D video rendering) an 4770K and dual SLI GTX 660's because of the lack of money and of course, dual SLI just looks awesome.

Greetings,
Max

AMD Sempron 2800+
Old 05-11-13, 02:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Hey, I'm also gaming on an N56 by ASUS. It's an N56VZ, what about your model? How does it have such a great GPU?
Old 05-11-13, 02:54 PM
The Guvnor

welcome dudio

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 05-11-13, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenShadow View Post
Hey, I'm also gaming on an N56 by ASUS. It's an N56VZ, what about your model? How does it have such a great GPU?
Mine is the N56VB-S4062H. It's a very nice notebook isn't it? I'm ordering a GTX 660 this friday so I won't be gaming on it at home for any longer >:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
welcome dudio
Ty!
Old 05-11-13, 10:29 PM
OC3D Elite

G'day Welcome to the forums
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=NZXT Kraken X62=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE

Tags
introduction