Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 13-12-12, 09:16 AM
iceballfunela iceballfunela is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Buy or wait?

hey guys! I am going to build my first DIY computer on around late Jan next year but should i go ivy bridge for wait for haswell.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13-12-12, 09:25 AM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,927
Why dont you ask when you actually have the money =D
__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13-12-12, 10:54 AM
nex-s's Avatar
nex-s nex-s is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glasgow, UK
Posts: 110
^ do that. Otherwise you'll end up dreaming till like mid may when everything will be out already.
__________________
CM Storm Trooper, Intel i7 3770k, Asus Maximus V Extreme, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance,
Corsair H100 with sp120's, Asus GTX 670 DC2, Asus D2X, Samsung 830 256Gb,
WD Caviar Green 2TB, Corsair AX850, Logitech Illuminated, Logitech G5, Asus PB278Q

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18-12-12, 02:44 PM
DiscoDave DiscoDave is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 36
Buy now. I've been waiting for the perfect time to upgrade my rig... over 2 years of waiting. Take the plunge or you'll procrastinate till 2014.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18-12-12, 02:55 PM
MacLeod's Avatar
MacLeod MacLeod is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,104
Generally my rule is by what you need when you need it because there is always something newer, faster, cheaper and shinier around the corner. But since you're not going to be buying til January and Haswell is due out late may or early April, I'm gonna say wait it you can. If your current rig is getting the job done, 3 more months of waiting isn't that bad. Now if you're plugging along on a Pentium 4 then you might not want to wait.
__________________

AMD R5 1600X @ 4.0 GHz ••• Asus ROG Strix X370-F ••• Corsair H110i
Corsair 500R ••• EVGA Supernova G3 750 ••• Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB x2 ••• Nvidia RTX 2070 FE
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB ••• Acer Predator XB272 @ 240 Hz
Logitech G-Pro TKL ••• Logitech G MX518
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18-12-12, 03:54 PM
airdeano airdeano is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,900
get piles of money and then ask away..

airdeano
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19-12-12, 07:28 AM
Bang's Avatar
Bang Bang is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 334
Dont wait. pawn everything you own and do an upgrade tomorrow
__________________
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @4.5Ghz
Mobo: MSI Z77A-GD65
RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ares @2133Mhz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060WF3OC 6GB
Audio: Onboard out to Logitec 6.1
PSU: Thermaltake Litepower 700w
Case: Thermaltake Dokker
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-12-12, 03:46 AM
ThE_MuFFin_MaN ThE_MuFFin_MaN is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 18
Just buy it now. The CPU's out now are more than capable and I doubt Haswell will be a big enough jump to justify waiting.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
haswell

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.