Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 25-07-19, 06:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Umm... most people in the world? DIY builders are a very small minority.
Agreed about the DIY minority, but those people tend to be happy with Best Buy / local-nerd-store built PCs, so they wouldn't even know what Origin is (and I don't either). But I did see a video about a PC they released with a water cooled PC / XBOX1 / PS4 Pro all in one case. It was a laughable horribly built overpriced pile of crap, not unlike most Corsair products these days.

Old 25-07-19, 08:12 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I should clarify. Most gamers are not DIY and buy pre-built gaming PCs from dealers such as Origin or Alienware and other similar dealers. So they would know what it is and they would buy from them as the majority do.

It couldn't be an overpriced POS if they won't sell it, which they aren't. I did see the video, it was a for-fun project because they could. That's it.
Old 26-07-19, 09:31 AM
OC3D Elite

Maybe we are being too hasty with hating on Corsair. Its out of our hands anyway but lets see what they do with Origin.
Old 26-07-19, 02:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I should clarify. Most gamers are not DIY and buy pre-built gaming PCs from dealers such as Origin or Alienware and other similar dealers. So they would know what it is and they would buy from them as the majority do.

It couldn't be an overpriced POS if they won't sell it, which they aren't. I did see the video, it was a for-fun project because they could. That's it.
According to the vid I saw, it was indeed for sale, for $17,000USD (lulz). Plus every gamer I know builds his own, and none would ever buy pre-built. Gaming is what got most nerds I know into PC building in the first place. It sure as hell wasn't productivity they were concerned about at age 18-20. Alienware made very cool stuff, that was only available to wealthier people. Where I came from, everyone built their own since no one could afford that stuff. I guess it really depends on what kind of economy you grew up in.

Warchild: no sir, we are not. If we keep giving those clowns the benefit of the doubt, and NOT whining, they'll keep releasing crap products. Let's be honest, we all know they will anyway. They stopped listening to consumers years ago. It's sad how far they've fallen in quality terms.