Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Today, 09:55 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
The Mini Cooper S is quite a fun car to drive though, especially for the price
And the Audi TTRS is a monster.. But yeah I agree, I wouldn't want to own them as they are just too feminine for my liking. RS6 Avant is more my style
Audi R8 is popular around Oslo. Now that Is a beauty

Old Today, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Audi R8 is popular around Oslo. Now that Is a beauty
Think I'd rather have a GTR for that price. More practical
Old Today, 02:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Think I'd rather have a GTR for that price. More practical
GTR would probably cost the same if not more here.
Old Today, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
GTR would probably cost the same if not more here.
Hence why I said for the price of the R8
Old Today, 03:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Everyone has different experiences. I wouldn't berate a white lad who hated black men because a bunch of black men paralysed his father in the crossfire of a drug bust with the police. I know that is an extreme example, but it does happen and similar, less extreme examples happen all the time too. If not dealt with, that pain and anger could easily turn into a deeply entrenched schema that controls that person's future, but ultimately doesn't distinguish them wholly. The new film Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri deals with that. It's one of its main themes and handles it very well. Everyone should watch it. It's pure class.

Sarah Silverman was in the news as well recently for how she responded to a troll on Twitter. Instead of doing the typical feminist belittlement and tit for tat, she actually confided in this lad and tried to learn why he called her the 'c' word. She discovered this lad was abused as an 8-year-old by a "man that resembles Kevin Spacey". He talks about being medicated, being poor, etc etc. Instead of denying him the benefit of the doubt, she rallies support for him to pay for his medical care. Silverman saw a potential cause for his anger and didn't categorise him. I see why Dice and anyone else would feel disillusioned and embittered with women (or men) and their seeming lack of morals, but as hard as it is to look past it, it's worth it I think.

And people change too. I think I mentioned I was a Jehovah's Witness a couple of times. Well, back in the 80's there was this dude in, I believe, Russian or Ukraine, I can't remember. Anyway, he was heavily into crime and alcohol and drugs. One time when he was robbing a place, the special forces caught him and he was arrested. A particular officer in charge of the case was questioning him and threatening him, telling him how bad prison was going to be, all this malarkey. The dude was having none of it. He threatened back and said he'd find out where this cop lived and have him killed and his family killed etc. Despite a macho exterior, this cop was frightened.

The dude eventually did time and while in prison he found an Awake magazine (it's a publication by JW's) and found it encouraging. His wife also began studying the Bible with JW's outside of prison and so he began studying while in prison. When he was released he became a Jehovah's Witness.

Also, around this time, that cop also started studying with the Witnesses. He was invited to a little shindig at this house by the local Witnesses, and when he arrived he remembered that it was a house he had searched before as a cop. When he entered the house, this dude was there and was smiling at him. They hugged and cried and are now best mates in the same congregation in whatever Eastern nation they were from.

So women be crazy, but they can stop being crazy (or be less crazy) with the right impetus.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX

Tags
box, chat, offtopic, small talk, where opinions go to die