Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 05-12-07, 09:19 PM
Advanced Member

Project: tidy up!

as you can see, inside my lovly Lian Li looks like a big pile of [email protected] made from cables.....

its been 10 months since i've built this bugger, and im now going to start taking some action of a thing called ''cable management''.

i've made a start by getting some new fans, bit of sleeving things, a new fan thingy that fits in the front, also by the end of the week maybe something for the watercooling side of things.

here is the first package that came to me today.

now, at 11quid each, thats 110quid worth of fans, you have to agree with me that im really going to do something......i cant let this ball of cable do my head in anymore.....

i'll update more when the other bits have find their way to me....

Old 05-12-07, 09:23 PM
OC3D Elite

I bought 4 of those SFlex fans @ 120mm - sexeh and stealtheh !

(2 on each side of 2 Ninjas)

Want some pasta sauce for that spaghetti ?

Old 05-12-07, 10:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Which ones are they mate? RPM/CFM?

Finny thing is I ordered a dremel the other day and am doing the exact same thing when it arrived - cable mgt, might change my loop around too...

Look forward to seeing a clean lili
Old 06-12-07, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Rastalovich - lol, is the sauce black? i dont think red will go well, ha.

yeah, those S-Flex fans are very very nice, runs well at 4v, and not much noise when it goes faster (using BigNG)

Mr. Smith - those are S-FLEX SFF21F (1600rpm) 63.7CFM / 28.0dBA / DC12V / 0.20A.

the more powerful ones out of the 3 in the range.

they cost the same, so i thought the more powerful ones wont be that much of a difference.....a gamble, but it paid out fine this time for me.

--------

pics of some fiddlying!

from this

to this

a bit of drilling.....

on the left, its a Alphacool DDC bay mount plate, but it was too deep(the T bit on both sides), and it wont let me fit a Lian Li 3 bay Fan Module, so i had to use a support plate thats in the case....

4 holes later, we have this!

i really wanted to do some 'traditional' sleeving, but with my lazy setup, i had to do some other kind of sleeving, in order to stop cables flying out and keeping it thin and not using much time.....i came up with this!

LOL

ofcourse, i did do some sleeving, but none has finished, will post more updates when i know what to do with all these cables.....
Old 06-12-07, 11:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Great choice on the S-Flex fans, I've used them for my last 2 or 3 builds all the way throughout and have found that they are probably the best fan for the price, bar none.

Lookin' good too mate!
Old 06-12-07, 12:06 PM

Looking good!

BTW, what's that little black guy on your desk? A bottle opener or something?
Old 06-12-07, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='FragTek'
Great choice on the S-Flex fans, I've used them for my last 2 or 3 builds all the way throughout and have found that they are probably the best fan for the price, bar none.

Lookin' good too mate!
yup yup, i didnt know these fans were on the market before, if i've known 10 months back i would have bought them, even at that price.

BTW, do you miss your A10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Havok'
Looking good!

BTW, what's that little black guy on your desk? A bottle opener or something?
that little black guy is a paper holder!

place a piece of paper between the head and both hands, and you'll have a piece of paper standing, i use it a lot for my day to day paper work.
Old 06-12-07, 01:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Yes I miss my A10 very very much so, it was such an amazing case. If I ever build another system it will definitely be that case once again.
Old 06-12-07, 01:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Yes the S-FLEX fans are very nice. Did you get them purely for their quiet operational qualities weihk? I have a set of new Scythe's here that look set to blow the S-FLEX's out of the water for performance, and they aren't really that bad for noise either. I should have the review completed for them tomorrow...fingers crossed.
Old 06-12-07, 02:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to BloomerzUK
I like watching people people clean up there rigs, gives ideas for mine.