Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 25-05-20, 12:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleDJackson View Post
This is my second bykski block and the second time it has came with the wrong mounting hardware as shown in the instructions the screws were absolutely too short to have the included spring fitted. I dry tested the fitment first but its secure in position but i know exactly what you mean when you say about the tightness of the threads.
It wasn't the tightness of the threads for me. It was the block's holes. The screws have a non threaded part and it literally had to be shoved into the holes.

You have two options. 1, get a small round file and make the holes a tiny bit bigger so the screws literally drop into them. 2. Get some longer screws and springs.

I don't know what the thread type on the AMD back plate is on AM4. I will take a look when I am back with the PC (it's at mum's ATM waiting to come over to my flat).

Damien - there are different levels of PBO on mine. Some are like "Cinebench extreme" and so on.

Old 25-05-20, 01:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Here are my idle temps over a 6 hour period today, been doing just basic office stuff and a bit of yuoutube (dont tell the boss!), ambient temp is around 23c as Ive got my windows open. Bios settings stock with XMP profile set and IF set to 1800:

https://valid.x86.fr/6w9bi0
Old 25-05-20, 04:55 PM
OC3D Elite

FTLN I read up that the fans I sold you perform better in a pull scenario rather than push. Might be an interesting test for you if its easy to swap around.
Old 25-05-20, 11:36 PM
Resident Newb

A little tip for you, If you know you are not going to be needing the chip that much set it to AMD Ryzen Balanced in the power settings and set the maximum processor state to 99%, This drops the clocks and volts when it's not fully in use.

When you need all the juice just set it to AMD Ryzen High Performance with 100% on everything, For me personally I leave it on AMD Ryzen Balanced with the 99% setting most of the time as my main game, WoW, Doesn't demand much of anything so temps stay very low, Max I've seen ingame is 45'c and that's with a Corsair A500 cooler.

When I need extra oomph I set it to the aforementioned setting.

Old 26-05-20, 05:37 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
FTLN I read up that the fans I sold you perform better in a pull scenario rather than push. Might be an interesting test for you if its easy to swap around.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the moment to be honest with regards to my build, I'm currrently only running the GPU block on the loop and have switched back to a H115i platinum for the CPU because the EK block just does not cool the 3950x optimally. I'm at like 10-15c lower temps with the h115i.

Once EK pay up for the damaged 2080ti (if they pay up) I'm gonna migrate to a larger case and a larger GPU and will be able to use all them EK vardar fans, will test in a pull configuration and let you know.

Old 26-05-20, 06:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the moment to be honest with regards to my build, I'm currrently only running the GPU block on the loop and have switched back to a H115i platinum for the CPU because the EK block just does not cool the 3950x optimally. I'm at like 10-15c lower temps with the h115i.
It might have been bad mount on EK block.
Old 26-05-20, 07:10 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
It might have been bad mount on EK block.

I triple checked the mount and it was sitting nice and flush on the cpu , you can tell from the spread of the thermal paste.

No idea why performace was crappy

Old 26-05-20, 08:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
I triple checked the mount and it was sitting nice and flush on the cpu , you can tell from the spread of the thermal paste.

No idea why performace was crappy
Maybe the interior jet plate was set wrong way.
Old 26-05-20, 11:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Or the inlet outlet wasn't right.

Old 26-05-20, 01:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Or EK just sucks and are the most overrated water cooling company out there. I will not use their blocks unless they're my only option, HeatKiller all the way.