Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1341  
Old 27-04-20, 09:18 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 6,356
Printed my self a cool little xbox phone mount for mobile stress testing

Phone is just an S10+ incase those wonder.


Reply With Quote
  #1342  
Old 27-04-20, 09:35 AM
trawetSluaP's Avatar
trawetSluaP trawetSluaP is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 741
How do you connect the controller? Just normal Bluetooth?
__________________
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Reply With Quote
  #1343  
Old 27-04-20, 09:49 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 6,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
How do you connect the controller? Just normal Bluetooth?
Correct. The xbox S controllers and onwards are BT compatible. However the Xbox elite is not.
Reply With Quote
  #1344  
Old 30-04-20, 10:12 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,021
Probably a silly question but I just rented a movie from Amazon, Went to finish up something I was doing in a game, Hit the record button to record something ingame, Exited the game and forgot to stop recording and played the video, Realised 30 seconds into the video it was recording, Turned it off quickly and low and behold it recorded 30 seconds of a video.

Is there a chance Amazon could somehow have seen screen recording software running and send a brown letter out or am I just being overly paranoid ?
__________________
=AMD Ryzen 9 - 3950X @ 4.20GHz - XFX 5700XT Thicc III Ultra @ 2100/1800=

Reply With Quote
  #1345  
Old 30-04-20, 11:02 AM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,867
Overly paranoid detected, shouldn't need to worry for this at all, people are allowed to record stuff and use it for example in a youtube clip to critique or analyze footage, it's called fair use and the source of it hardly matters in this case, an accidental recording, yeah no sweat mate!
__________________
Rig: Cpu: AMD R7 3700X. Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 wifi. Ram: Gskill Royal Silver 3200mhz cl16: Gpu: Msi RTX2070 Armor. Asus Xonar STX II.
Reply With Quote
  #1346  
Old 30-04-20, 11:04 AM
Damien c Damien c is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North West UK
Posts: 1,553
Overly paranoid.


There are services you can sign up to which basically record the shows and films on Amazon Prime, like a PVR would record normal tv and then you can download the recordings.


The thing is you buy something from Amazon like a film or tv series and they don't let you download it, so if you suffer from a internet outage then you cannot watch what you have paid for.


That is why I am going to record the stuff I have purchased since, without them having something on my pc I do not believe they would be able to tell it's being recorded.


Never had a letter from TV companies when I have recorded live Rugby or Football.
__________________
Gaming PC: AMD 3950X, 32GB Corsiar DDR4, MSI 2080Ti, WD Black 1TB NVME

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Reply With Quote
  #1347  
Old 30-04-20, 12:01 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Overly paranoid detected, shouldn't need to worry for this at all, people are allowed to record stuff and use it for example in a youtube clip to critique or analyze footage, it's called fair use and the source of it hardly matters in this case, an accidental recording, yeah no sweat mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
Overly paranoid.

There are services you can sign up to which basically record the shows and films on Amazon Prime, like a PVR would record normal tv and then you can download the recordings.

The thing is you buy something from Amazon like a film or tv series and they don't let you download it, so if you suffer from a internet outage then you cannot watch what you have paid for.

That is why I am going to record the stuff I have purchased since, without them having something on my pc I do not believe they would be able to tell it's being recorded.

Never had a letter from TV companies when I have recorded live Rugby or Football.
Appreciate the answers but isn't there some way for them to detect that recording software was running, Even if it was only 30 seconds ? Or is that again venturing into overly paranoid territory ?
__________________
=AMD Ryzen 9 - 3950X @ 4.20GHz - XFX 5700XT Thicc III Ultra @ 2100/1800=

Reply With Quote
  #1348  
Old 30-04-20, 12:08 PM
trawetSluaP's Avatar
trawetSluaP trawetSluaP is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 741
Dice you are the most paranoid person I know a fully expect you to end up like Woody Harrelson in 2012...

On a serious note, it's fine man, especially Amazon, they couldn't give a .

I had someone fraudulently using my account to watch stuff and I told them. They found out the device and removed it and said "right, there you go". I thought hang on, that's it? Aren't you going to investigate? Nope, device removed. LOL.
__________________
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Reply With Quote
  #1349  
Old 30-04-20, 12:30 PM
Damien c Damien c is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North West UK
Posts: 1,553
Dice the only way for them to be able to tell you are recording whether on purpose or accidently is for them to scan your system to see what is running in the background.


It's the same with Netflix and others, they cannot stop you from recording it because quite frankly the only way to do that would be to not allow streaming on a pc, and even then there are still ways of doing it.


To give you an idea, Amazon will not show HD footage on my main pc if I use HDMI out because that HDMI connects to a Elgato 4K Capture card, but by using Display Port and cloning the Display Port output to the HDMI output, I get full HD and 4K videos on my pc which I can then record, not that I do because I don't really need to.


There is nothing they can do to stop it and if they were to send me a "Brown Letter" to me accusing me of recording a video stream, I would instantly be asking how do they know considering I have not given them permission to access my pc! so they would have "Hacked" my pc which will land them in more hot water than me "Accidently" recording a video stream.
__________________
Gaming PC: AMD 3950X, 32GB Corsiar DDR4, MSI 2080Ti, WD Black 1TB NVME

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Reply With Quote
  #1350  
Old 30-04-20, 01:05 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
Dice the only way for them to be able to tell you are recording whether on purpose or accidently is for them to scan your system to see what is running in the background.


It's the same with Netflix and others, they cannot stop you from recording it because quite frankly the only way to do that would be to not allow streaming on a pc, and even then there are still ways of doing it.


To give you an idea, Amazon will not show HD footage on my main pc if I use HDMI out because that HDMI connects to a Elgato 4K Capture card, but by using Display Port and cloning the Display Port output to the HDMI output, I get full HD and 4K videos on my pc which I can then record, not that I do because I don't really need to.


There is nothing they can do to stop it and if they were to send me a "Brown Letter" to me accusing me of recording a video stream, I would instantly be asking how do they know considering I have not given them permission to access my pc! so they would have "Hacked" my pc which will land them in more hot water than me "Accidently" recording a video stream.

I was thinking more along the lines of the site being able to tell if screen recording software is running like it trips something but if it means actually them having to scan your system then that's calmed my nerves a bit thank you

__________________
=AMD Ryzen 9 - 3950X @ 4.20GHz - XFX 5700XT Thicc III Ultra @ 2100/1800=

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.