Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 27-04-20, 09:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Printed my self a cool little xbox phone mount for mobile stress testing

Phone is just an S10+ incase those wonder.

Old 27-04-20, 09:35 AM
OC3D Crew

How do you connect the controller? Just normal Bluetooth?
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 27-04-20, 09:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
How do you connect the controller? Just normal Bluetooth?
Correct. The xbox S controllers and onwards are BT compatible. However the Xbox elite is not.
Old 30-04-20, 10:12 AM
Resident Newb

Probably a silly question but I just rented a movie from Amazon, Went to finish up something I was doing in a game, Hit the record button to record something ingame, Exited the game and forgot to stop recording and played the video, Realised 30 seconds into the video it was recording, Turned it off quickly and low and behold it recorded 30 seconds of a video.

Is there a chance Amazon could somehow have seen screen recording software running and send a brown letter out or am I just being overly paranoid ?

Old 30-04-20, 11:02 AM
OC3D Elite

Overly paranoid detected, shouldn't need to worry for this at all, people are allowed to record stuff and use it for example in a youtube clip to critique or analyze footage, it's called fair use and the source of it hardly matters in this case, an accidental recording, yeah no sweat mate!
Old 30-04-20, 11:04 AM
OC3D Elite

Overly paranoid.

There are services you can sign up to which basically record the shows and films on Amazon Prime, like a PVR would record normal tv and then you can download the recordings.

The thing is you buy something from Amazon like a film or tv series and they don't let you download it, so if you suffer from a internet outage then you cannot watch what you have paid for.

That is why I am going to record the stuff I have purchased since, without them having something on my pc I do not believe they would be able to tell it's being recorded.

Never had a letter from TV companies when I have recorded live Rugby or Football.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Old 30-04-20, 12:01 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Overly paranoid detected, shouldn't need to worry for this at all, people are allowed to record stuff and use it for example in a youtube clip to critique or analyze footage, it's called fair use and the source of it hardly matters in this case, an accidental recording, yeah no sweat mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
Overly paranoid.

There are services you can sign up to which basically record the shows and films on Amazon Prime, like a PVR would record normal tv and then you can download the recordings.

The thing is you buy something from Amazon like a film or tv series and they don't let you download it, so if you suffer from a internet outage then you cannot watch what you have paid for.

That is why I am going to record the stuff I have purchased since, without them having something on my pc I do not believe they would be able to tell it's being recorded.

Never had a letter from TV companies when I have recorded live Rugby or Football.
Appreciate the answers but isn't there some way for them to detect that recording software was running, Even if it was only 30 seconds ? Or is that again venturing into overly paranoid territory ?

Old 30-04-20, 12:08 PM
OC3D Crew

Dice you are the most paranoid person I know a fully expect you to end up like Woody Harrelson in 2012...

On a serious note, it's fine man, especially Amazon, they couldn't give a .

I had someone fraudulently using my account to watch stuff and I told them. They found out the device and removed it and said "right, there you go". I thought hang on, that's it? Aren't you going to investigate? Nope, device removed. LOL.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 30-04-20, 12:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Dice the only way for them to be able to tell you are recording whether on purpose or accidently is for them to scan your system to see what is running in the background.

It's the same with Netflix and others, they cannot stop you from recording it because quite frankly the only way to do that would be to not allow streaming on a pc, and even then there are still ways of doing it.

To give you an idea, Amazon will not show HD footage on my main pc if I use HDMI out because that HDMI connects to a Elgato 4K Capture card, but by using Display Port and cloning the Display Port output to the HDMI output, I get full HD and 4K videos on my pc which I can then record, not that I do because I don't really need to.

There is nothing they can do to stop it and if they were to send me a "Brown Letter" to me accusing me of recording a video stream, I would instantly be asking how do they know considering I have not given them permission to access my pc! so they would have "Hacked" my pc which will land them in more hot water than me "Accidently" recording a video stream.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Old 30-04-20, 01:05 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
Dice the only way for them to be able to tell you are recording whether on purpose or accidently is for them to scan your system to see what is running in the background.

It's the same with Netflix and others, they cannot stop you from recording it because quite frankly the only way to do that would be to not allow streaming on a pc, and even then there are still ways of doing it.

To give you an idea, Amazon will not show HD footage on my main pc if I use HDMI out because that HDMI connects to a Elgato 4K Capture card, but by using Display Port and cloning the Display Port output to the HDMI output, I get full HD and 4K videos on my pc which I can then record, not that I do because I don't really need to.

There is nothing they can do to stop it and if they were to send me a "Brown Letter" to me accusing me of recording a video stream, I would instantly be asking how do they know considering I have not given them permission to access my pc! so they would have "Hacked" my pc which will land them in more hot water than me "Accidently" recording a video stream.

I was thinking more along the lines of the site being able to tell if screen recording software is running like it trips something but if it means actually them having to scan your system then that's calmed my nerves a bit thank you

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk