Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 26-09-19, 02:07 PM
The Guvnor

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE Headset Review

The latest addition to the Corsair range of headsets falls very much at the premium end of the spectrum and we discover what it brings to the party.

Corsair Virtuoso SE Headset Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 26-09-19, 02:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Might have to pick these up. One of my biggest issues is the lack of detachable mics with some good headsets.

Corsair Void, was trash. The Void pro, just as bad. I tried Plantronics e500s which had nice sound but terrible mic. Currently I am impressed (given its cost) with the Plantronics 800LX which has been my go to headset till now, since it really does step it up and a decent price.

That said, its good but not spectacular. I want something that can amaze me without breaking my bank. I just hope that these aren't astronomical. Wasn't able to watch the video at the office so not sure if price has been mentioned here.
Old 26-09-19, 02:41 PM
OC3D Elite

£169.99

Old 26-09-19, 03:03 PM
OC3D Elite

So the only real difference is the mic and RGB, how does the mic on the cheaper set compare to the $40 more mic?
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 26-09-19, 03:46 PM
Resident Newb

On a serious note I have been looking at getting some new wireless cans, Really only use my Beyer 770's for everything but the wire is annoying as I often forget I have them on and walk away nearly yomping off my head
Old 26-09-19, 07:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post

On a serious note I have been looking at getting some new wireless cans, Really only use my Beyer 770's for everything but the wire is annoying as I often forget I have them on and walk away nearly yomping off my head
Youre always looking to get something :P
Old 10-10-19, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Might have to pick these up. One of my biggest issues is the lack of detachable mics with some good headsets.

Corsair Void, was trash. The Void pro, just as bad. I tried Plantronics e500s which had nice sound but terrible mic. Currently I am impressed (given its cost) with the Plantronics 800LX which has been my go to headset till now, since it really does step it up and a decent price.

That said, its good but not spectacular. I want something that can amaze me without breaking my bank. I just hope that these aren't astronomical. Wasn't able to watch the video at the office so not sure if price has been mentioned here.
If you want an advice, just avoid headsets... I'm not even talking about sound quality, but rather build quality... Headsets break, even the expensive ones. I've bought a Sony MDR XB920 6 years ago, used it daily and even slept with it in my head for the first two years but it's still rocking, the letherette on the pads only started falling apart this year... Untill last year I just used the mic on the cable for gaming, it did just as good of a job as most any headset mic. Recently I bought a BM800 condenser Mic alongside a Behringer interface and the sound quality is unbeatable by any headset mic plus it will last many, many years you don't need a mic almost inside your mouth for people to listen to your voice, that just adds problems with breath, positioning and you can't eat when using it or everyone will hear you eating plus you'll get the mic all dirty with food...
Old 10-10-19, 12:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by meuvoy View Post
If you want an advice, just avoid headsets... I'm not even talking about sound quality, but rather build quality... Headsets break, even the expensive ones. I've bought a Sony MDR XB920 6 years ago, used it daily and even slept with it in my head for the first two years but it's still rocking, the letherette on the pads only started falling apart this year... Untill last year I just used the mic on the cable for gaming, it did just as good of a job as most any headset mic. Recently I bought a BM800 condenser Mic alongside a Behringer interface and the sound quality is unbeatable by any headset mic plus it will last many, many years you don't need a mic almost inside your mouth for people to listen to your voice, that just adds problems with breath, positioning and you can't eat when using it or everyone will hear you eating plus you'll get the mic all dirty with food...
I get your point, but i have yet to have a headset deteriorate in the slightest. Even my *cringe Razer Tiamat 7.1 is as good as new, along with box etc.

Perhaps sometimes it also comes down to how you treat them. I also juggle between headsets and Stereo speakers so nothing gets over used. For me, sound quality is everything. I would literally wear 2 tin cans if they produced better sound.

Nothing to this day beats my Shure 846. But these are in-ear and wearing those all day is not comfortable.
Old 10-10-19, 01:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post

If you want closed back headphones go for Sony MDR 7506. These will blow any "Gamer" headseat. Add a Modmike or cardioid lav and enjoy.
Old 10-10-19, 04:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
If you want closed back headphones go for Sony MDR 7506. These will blow any "Gamer" headseat. Add a Modmike or cardioid lav and enjoy.
I was looking at those ones too. The options are so vast I just have a hard time pulling the trigger and deciding.