Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13591  
Old 21-01-18, 02:55 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 9,443
I am so, so close to pulling the trigger on another Xeon. Just so much performance for such little money.

__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins




If you ever ask me something and feel insulted by what I said back ask yourself this.. Would you rather I pretend and give you the answer that is expected, or, tell you how it really is?
Reply With Quote
  #13592  
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 9,443
haha bought the Xeon. Cost me £160. Not bought any ram yet, for the obvious reason.

Last night I pushed Resident Evil 6 to 5k. It looked nice, shame the game is broken for me tried everything to get it working but the input dies after about ten seconds of loading it and you end up stuck.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins




If you ever ask me something and feel insulted by what I said back ask yourself this.. Would you rather I pretend and give you the answer that is expected, or, tell you how it really is?
Reply With Quote
  #13593  
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 12,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
haha bought the Xeon. Cost me £160. Not bought any ram yet, for the obvious reason.

Last night I pushed Resident Evil 6 to 5k. It looked nice, shame the game is broken for me tried everything to get it working but the input dies after about ten seconds of loading it and you end up stuck.
I tried the Alien Isolation benchmark yesterday, Maxed out at 8K I managed a stonking 32FPS average
__________________
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter - Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=
Reply With Quote
  #13594  
Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 9,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I tried the Alien Isolation benchmark yesterday, Maxed out at 8K I managed a stonking 32FPS average
Played The Division at 4k last night for the first time. Shame my mate was level 36 and me only 6. Every time I poked my head out I went down from one shot ffs. Need to find another noob to play with.

Looked beautiful though. I tell you what else we started playing and were laughing like F, Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Blacklist. Neither of us have ever played a stealth game before but we were rolling around with laughter. You can pick up dead people and throw them into the sea etc. I'm sure we will grasp the whole stealth element but we just kept getting caught and crying with laughter. But yeah, even that game looked stunning at 4k. And ran like crap from the shovel.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins




If you ever ask me something and feel insulted by what I said back ask yourself this.. Would you rather I pretend and give you the answer that is expected, or, tell you how it really is?
Reply With Quote
  #13595  
Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Played The Division at 4k last night for the first time. Shame my mate was level 36 and me only 6. Every time I poked my head out I went down from one shot ffs. Need to find another noob to play with.

Looked beautiful though. I tell you what else we started playing and were laughing like F, Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Blacklist. Neither of us have ever played a stealth game before but we were rolling around with laughter. You can pick up dead people and throw them into the sea etc. I'm sure we will grasp the whole stealth element but we just kept getting caught and crying with laughter. But yeah, even that game looked stunning at 4k. And ran like crap from the shovel.
Blacklist can be a lot of fun, yeah. It's an underrated game.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #13596  
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 9,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Blacklist can be a lot of fun, yeah. It's an underrated game.
I don't even recall buying it tbh ! 9/10 on Steam though
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins




If you ever ask me something and feel insulted by what I said back ask yourself this.. Would you rather I pretend and give you the answer that is expected, or, tell you how it really is?
Reply With Quote
  #13597  
Old Today, 08:25 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 3,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Played The Division at 4k last night for the first time. Shame my mate was level 36 and me only 6. Every time I poked my head out I went down from one shot ffs. Need to find another noob to play with.

Looked beautiful though. I tell you what else we started playing and were laughing like F, Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Blacklist. Neither of us have ever played a stealth game before but we were rolling around with laughter. You can pick up dead people and throw them into the sea etc. I'm sure we will grasp the whole stealth element but we just kept getting caught and crying with laughter. But yeah, even that game looked stunning at 4k. And ran like crap from the shovel.
You should have played the first ever splinter cell. So bugged that sometimes when you moved a body to the dark corner, the corpse would have a total epileptic seizure. Spaghetti arms waving about and body bouncing. then guards would come and catch you or go red alert.

Ive enjoyed every one they made though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
box, chat, offtopic, small talk, where opinions go to die

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 12:16 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.