Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 04-12-16, 04:21 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,928
Fractal Define C - Watercooled!

So it was said it would be too hard and too small..... But I got 2x 240mm rads and both a cpu and gpu loop in this rather compact case!



__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-12-16, 04:23 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 12,809
Good to see you back on the crack pipe (water cooling)

Hopefully I've had my fill now. Literally
__________________
"Those really high 20 series prices are just place holders"



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-12-16, 05:17 PM
tolagarf's Avatar
tolagarf tolagarf is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denmark
Posts: 848
Sweet build TTL!

Now I've got a question in regards to the CPU block. Since I really don't like the Eisbear, would it be possible to combine an Eiswolf + Eisblock + radiator + reservoir? The pump in the Eiswolf should be able to move upto 70 liters per hour on 12v, but I wonder if that would be enough? Obviously I would have to make a fill port close to the graphics card, which would also work as a drain port.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-12-16, 06:07 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,307
Noice guv! Super neat and tidy. I've done those cramped builds, and never want to do another! Great job!
__________________
Guts: Ryzen 2700X / Asus CH7 Hero / 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU / Case Labs M8
Storage: ADATA SX8200 1TB NVME / 6TB RAID0 HDD array / 4TB RAID0 SSD array
Water Cooling: Watercool HeatKiller IV blocks on CPU & GPUs / 4 360 rads / Barrow box reservoir / dual D5 pumps

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-16, 06:29 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
Sweet build TTL!

Now I've got a question in regards to the CPU block. Since I really don't like the Eisbear, would it be possible to combine an Eiswolf + Eisblock + radiator + reservoir? The pump in the Eiswolf should be able to move upto 70 liters per hour on 12v, but I wonder if that would be enough? Obviously I would have to make a fill port close to the graphics card, which would also work as a drain port.

Im not sure about the eiswolf as the only pump tbh. Would make me worry about head heights - rad length and the pump pushing the water up and down it if it was in the front. So many variables with the lack of info Id say no. I had my pumps on 1000rpm down from 2600rpm to keep the noise in check too.
__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-16, 08:35 PM
Greenback's Avatar
Greenback Greenback is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,093
really nice build and shows a good use of these type of AIO's, I got asked to ask you where you got the Deadpool t-shirt and do they do it in 7 year old size
__________________
CASE: NZXT H440 white
CPU: RYZEN 1500x, H100i GTX
MB: MSI TOMAHAWK ARCTIC
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
OS: CRUCIAL MX100 250GB
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-16, 01:28 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,417
Finally sitting down to watch this at half 2 in the morning after doing a metric butt ton of paper work with a massive cuppa
__________________
- Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5GHz - Asus ROG Max XI Hero -
- Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 4x8GB @ 3600MHz -
- WD Black SN750 1TB - GTX 1080 Ti FE @ 2000/6000 -
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Edition - Corsair 680X Black -
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-12-16, 09:17 AM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Im not sure about the eiswolf as the only pump tbh. Would make me worry about head heights - rad length and the pump pushing the water up and down it if it was in the front. So many variables with the lack of info Id say no. I had my pumps on 1000rpm down from 2600rpm to keep the noise in check too.
Surely head height from the pump is never going to be more than the total height of the case? And any pump on the market can handle that? I agree, specs needed but I'd be super disappoint if a pump could literally not manage like what.. 36 inches? of head height?
__________________
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-12-16, 09:33 AM
tolagarf's Avatar
tolagarf tolagarf is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denmark
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Surely head height from the pump is never going to be more than the total height of the case? And any pump on the market can handle that? I agree, specs needed but I'd be super disappoint if a pump could literally not manage like what.. 36 inches? of head height?
You might have a point, but I guess I'd better ask Alphacool directly what they think of the idea.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26-12-16, 06:13 AM
aichixiaotudou aichixiaotudou is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2
that is pretty cool

Quote:
Surely head height from the pump is never going to be more than the total height of the case? And any pump on the market can handle that? I agree, specs needed but I'd be super disappoint if a pump could literally not manage like what.. 36 inches? of head height
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:27 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.