Old 21-02-21, 05:56 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
I'd be fine with this.

You want productivity - get a Quadro;
You want gaming - get an RTX;
You want mining - get bent.
I'd rather not have artificial limitations in products. It's already annoying enough that Nvidia is actively blocking PCI passthrough. I wouldn't be surprised if this also killed hashcat performance, for instance.

Old 21-02-21, 05:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
unless you live in the far east availability is not going to get much better for quite a while.
The shipping lines have added several 1000 new containers into the mix but with lunar new year, a huge back log and prices for shipping still through the roof both availability and prices are going to be bad.
The company i work for normally ships around 150 containers a week to the UK. we have over 900 containers in back log with our freight rate at about $10k per container, this time last year that was $1.9k and even at 10k a pop, we're fighting for space on the vessels.
Chip production is down too as raw resources are not being shipped as much and lets be honest, nobody is going to stock pile a million chips that they then can't get out of the country even if they could produce them. Unless some serious production starts happening outside of the far east, 2021 is not going to be any better.
So your company ship to the same country it’s in? Seeing as your location is the UK
Old 21-02-21, 10:53 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
I'd rather not have artificial limitations in products.
Yeah, I just saw Linus' video on the subject. Nvidia messed up again. I didn't know about the dedicated crypto chips that they're working on. Now everything about this sucks.
Old 22-02-21, 08:31 AM
OC3D Elite

Lol so miners were able to get their hands on the 3060 before release, and now have flooded some second hand markets with the cards following the crypto limitations to the series.

If you want a 3060 its the perfect place to look.
Old 22-02-21, 10:13 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Lol so miners were able to get their hands on the 3060 before release, and now have flooded some second hand markets with the cards following the crypto limitations to the series.

If you want a 3060 its the perfect place to look.
RTX 3060's have been available for sale for a while tbf, not really to do with miners specifically, more to do with Central Asian hardware stores cashing in on early deliveries. Lots of people were buying from there to scalp to 2nd hand Western markets.