Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 03-08-17, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

I can't wait on main review. I hope its on the 8th (wink wink). Thank you so much Tom. This board looks amazing, can't wait to see performance.

--Rick--

Old 03-08-17, 03:47 PM

Heya... I think you were not suppose to remove the yellow/orange plastic retention thingy from the cpu packaging 'cuz it's used to slide into the socket in that bracket with the 2 blue tabs(from what i've seen around at least). or i'm mistaken and you actually used it as well.(did not seem though from the pictures) but i guess it's not fully needed if it already has the little corner triangle and notches for positioning in the socket. i guess i'm pointing it out for those that want to buy it actually not reviewers like yourself ), and probably will be in the review anyway... just a bit anxious about threadripper release and review i guess ) really looking forward to the board and cpu review.
Old 03-08-17, 03:52 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexxCri View Post
Heya... I think you were not suppose to remove the yellow/orange plastic retention thingy from the cpu packaging 'cuz it's used to slide into the socket in that bracket with the 2 blue tabs(from what i've seen around at least). or i'm mistaken and you actually used it as well.(did not seem though from the pictures) but i guess it's not fully needed if it already has the little corner triangle and notches for positioning in the socket. i guess i'm pointing it out for those that want to buy it actually not reviewers like yourself ), and probably will be in the review anyway... just a bit anxious about threadripper release and review i guess ) really looking forward to the board and cpu review.

Nope didnt use it......

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 03-08-17, 04:31 PM

Does it work with pcie 8pin cables or do I need an extra motherboard 8 pin cable? O_o
Old 03-08-17, 04:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Just watched the video (very low res, I get about 3mb down at this time of the day) and bugger me, this thing is a work of art. Surprised at the bundle too, nice to see some truly awesome useful stuff included !

I think I said wow about four times during that video...

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 03-08-17, 04:55 PM
OC3D Elite

For the price, it damn well better come with something bundled. Like maybe a car, or a prostitute for a month, who also cooks. That *might* be worth the price premium.

Old 03-08-17, 04:56 PM
OC3D Elite

That board comes with one of everything. Maybe Asus should have shown all that before letting the price slip, because £520 for a board sounds ridiculous. Now I've seen it all? yeah, there's some real nice stuff bundled with that. Love the little OSD on the IO sink too.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 03-08-17, 06:37 PM

Nice overview video , cant wait to see how much horsepower it has,
Rampage V ed 10 came with a box full of goodies too , but im so tempeted by that board ,, not cause i need it just cause i want it

but ill have to wait to see who brings out a water block for it first
Old 03-08-17, 09:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Hell I just built a Ryzen rig and I don't utilize the 8 cores I have NOW, and I STILL want this!! Just because it reeks of monstrous behemoth overkill!

Old 03-08-17, 11:21 PM

Components not on qvl list

I'm going to make a threadripper build, and I will probably go with ROG ZENITH EXTREME. I have some concerns, because none of the following components I own is on the ROG ZENITH EXTREME
QVL (qualified vendors list).

m.2 nvme SSD - 960 evo 250 GB (model: MZ-6E250)
RAM : G.skill Flare X 3200 (model: F4-3200C14D-16-GFX)
PSU: Corsair RM750x

so my qestion is:

* Will there be a chance I break ROG ZENITH EXTREME board if I try these components? Or what are your thoughts?