Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 12-05-19, 02:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
True that it's subjective, but there is a reason there's a meme of them going as "poop brown and vomit tan".
For sure. There must be more fans than haters though 'cause let's face it they wouldn't have been in business all these years if the majority hated the colour.

It is very strange though. Guy who designed them originally must have liked the 1970s hehe.

Old 12-05-19, 03:44 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
I'd love to change to them but the colour won't go with my rig and it would cost a forture to replace the 19 Silent Wings 3 fans I already have.
Well I'd only use them for radiators really to save money. I have mine in a pull configuration so you can't see them at the top.

I don't really care for the for the color but Noctua does have the black fans and I have those as well. Amazing fans. Not as much static pressure but I do not need that for an intake fan
I recommend any Noctua fan. The Chromax line would be up anyone's alley.
Old 12-05-19, 08:20 PM
OC3D Elite

The EVGA fans are pretty garbage, they're really loud and not that good pressure wise either... Replacing them with P14 made the cooler much better.

But CLC fans make little sense over regular air coolers unless you're short on space.
Old 13-05-19, 07:59 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
The EVGA fans are pretty garbage, they're really loud and not that good pressure wise either... Replacing them with P14 made the cooler much better.

But CLC fans make little sense over regular air coolers unless you're short on space.
Arent EVGA and also standard EK fans for that matter made by Gelid which is a low budget oriented fan? (I am not referring to Vardar)
Old 13-05-19, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post

From what I'd seen on paper at least I thought they (EVGA) seemed pretty good pressure wise but maybe not, I could change them and see how much difference that makes I guess.