Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 10-01-18, 11:24 AM

Lightbulb some input

How Do !!
Looking to make some custom cables and was wondering what you guys think of these colours

motherboard is a gigabyte aorus gaming 5 z370 and psu corsair HX850i and some led trident ram, would most likey have the rgb's lit up white on mobo
as can see leaning towards the light blue which is same as psu and some orange maybe dont want red at ALL !!
Was trying to keep it simple just basic but then OCD kicked in and it all went tits up
to much time on hands waiting for components to arrive in post its making my farmer giles flare up doing figuer8's on my chair looking out the window

would gladly accept any input

Old 10-01-18, 11:54 AM

I actually have to go through this once if built my new rig in next couple weeks but I'm going for a green theme, what about going blue black every other wire, tbh though I'm waiting till i've built the rig with normal cables so that I can then measure and get better idea of how the coulers will look against everything.
Old 10-01-18, 11:55 AM
News Guru

Have you already built the PC? Would be easier to judge if we knew what the PC looks like.

You are likely better off waiting until the PC is built and then see what you want to do with cables.
Old 10-01-18, 03:35 PM

Ya jumping the gun a bit got everything apart from the ram and cooler the case im using is the
Bench PC T-70

Old 10-01-18, 06:26 PM
Bettyswollocks

To add to WYPs' comment, images of your build might help us help you as we don't know what your colour scheme or layout is.
Old 12-01-18, 07:44 PM

well threw it together to try get going and something not right i would say lol any advice

press start that happens thats it tho cannot switch it of by holding down the power button have to turn of the power supply
Old 12-01-18, 07:56 PM
OC3D Elite

So it is looping with no display?

Check all of your wires are inserted correctly, namely the 8 pin. Make sure the RAM is in the correct socket/s etc. Unplug everything you can from the rig (hard drives, USB headers etc) and so on.

Old 12-01-18, 08:12 PM

holy sheeet was in panik mode think i sharted the 8 pin was not in the psu properly its up and running now just booted it to install windows

while ppl are here looking what drivers do i actually need from the motherboard site like from the chip set drivers all of them or just the one top of the list
and out the SATA RAID/AHCI ? theres loads in that list
obviously gona do the usb 3 and lan and get the @bios to throw up the newest version any help right now would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-01-18, 08:22 PM
OC3D Elite

I would install all of them. Otherwise you may end up with a couple of unknown devices in DM, which drives me nuts lol.

Old 12-01-18, 08:58 PM

getting there just updating bios before i start throwin up other stuff seems to be going ok finally my main puter crashed xmas day and was lost without a decent pc glad got this up and running was forced into it idealy was waiting for the new H or B mobos to come out but hand was forced