Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 13-03-18, 03:22 PM
The Guvnor

EVGA Z370 Classified K Review

The latest EVGA Classified motherboard is amongst us. Based upon the Z370 chipset we put it to the test.

EVGA Z370 Classified K Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 13-03-18, 03:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Very strange board ! not in performance, as I know these have banging power stages but in design. You have this big white bit....... Then....... BLACK BLACK BLACK.

Very, very strange it almost looks lopsided. It needs more white. Even if it were the SATA ports or just something.

Old 13-03-18, 03:36 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Very strange board ! not in performance, as I know these have banging power stages but in design. You have this big white bit....... Then....... BLACK BLACK BLACK.

Very, very strange it almost looks lopsided. It needs more white. Even if it were the SATA ports or just something.

Its silver not white.

Sadly even with all the power phases the bios needs work. Ive tested a lot of cheaper boards that out clocked and performed this.

Old 13-03-18, 03:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Looks white to me ! Weird

Yeah, one thing EVGA have never been fantastic with is bioses. Though Buildzoid did take apart one of their boards the other day and admitted it had the most outrageous overkill power phases he had ever seen. And expensive, too.

Old 13-03-18, 05:25 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I have an EVGA Z170 board and it's also a terrible overclocker.

I'd stay away in all honesty
Old 13-03-18, 06:08 PM
OC3D Crew

I really don't like EVGA's MBO design. They had few decent ones before, but now they look extremely cheep. Also they have issues all around. As Tom said, they need a bit of polish.
Old 14-03-18, 10:14 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Its silver not white.

Sadly even with all the power phases the bios needs work. Ive tested a lot of cheaper boards that out clocked and performed this.
When will they learn?

We on the forums, have been saying how poor their BIOS is. Throw that info on all forums globally and surely EVGA must have taken a hint that they need a revamp or overhaul... Why don't they even employ someone who can specialize in this one area and lead a team towards improvement.

I just don't understand. Bios is such an important aspect and a great selling point for motherboards. Yet time and time again, EVGA neglect to address it well enough.
Old 14-03-18, 10:56 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
When will they learn?

We on the forums, have been saying how poor their BIOS is. Throw that info on all forums globally and surely EVGA must have taken a hint that they need a revamp or overhaul... Why don't they even employ someone who can specialize in this one area and lead a team towards improvement.

I just don't understand. Bios is such an important aspect and a great selling point for motherboards. Yet time and time again, EVGA neglect to address it well enough.

My overwhelming gut feeling about EVGA Bios devs is arrogance tbh, even when emailing them I get the feeling they DGAF and just seem to be looking for excuses and or reasons to tell you that you dont know what youre talking about......

Old 14-03-18, 11:16 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
My overwhelming gut feeling about EVGA Bios devs is arrogance tbh, even when emailing them I get the feeling they DGAF and just seem to be looking for excuses and or reasons to tell you that you dont know what youre talking about......
You may lack knowledge to program BIOS, but that is like saying to a car reviewer that he lacks knowledge to build a car. You are still the most eligible to tell them it is crap.
Old 14-03-18, 11:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
You may lack knowledge to program BIOS, but that is like saying to a car reviewer that he lacks knowledge to build a car. You are still the most eligible to tell them it is crap.
They used a similar technique on a buddy of mine a good few years ago. He bought the 790i Ultra SLi and from day one it BSOD. It was so bad he couldn't use it, and due to it being quite complicated to update the bios it just sorta sat there. He must have spent three days in total on the phone with their tech bod who blamed it on everything but the board.

Sends it to me four years later I get it all sorted and running in about five minutes. It was the bios to blame. Mind you I will say that part of that was adopting new tech too early (DDR3). But yeah, not a nice experience and not what you would expect of a $500 motherboard. He listens to me now