Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 13-03-18, 03:22 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,684
EVGA Z370 Classified K Review



The latest EVGA Classified motherboard is amongst us. Based upon the Z370 chipset we put it to the test.


EVGA Z370 Classified K Review

__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13-03-18, 03:30 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 10,942
Very strange board ! not in performance, as I know these have banging power stages but in design. You have this big white bit....... Then....... BLACK BLACK BLACK.

Very, very strange it almost looks lopsided. It needs more white. Even if it were the SATA ports or just something.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13-03-18, 03:36 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Very strange board ! not in performance, as I know these have banging power stages but in design. You have this big white bit....... Then....... BLACK BLACK BLACK.

Very, very strange it almost looks lopsided. It needs more white. Even if it were the SATA ports or just something.

Its silver not white.

Sadly even with all the power phases the bios needs work. Ive tested a lot of cheaper boards that out clocked and performed this.
__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13-03-18, 03:46 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 10,942
Looks white to me ! Weird

Yeah, one thing EVGA have never been fantastic with is bioses. Though Buildzoid did take apart one of their boards the other day and admitted it had the most outrageous overkill power phases he had ever seen. And expensive, too.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13-03-18, 05:25 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is online now
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 14,782
I have an EVGA Z170 board and it's also a terrible overclocker.

I'd stay away in all honesty
__________________
The Cost of Freedom -
"A price payed gladly, in the hopes that the free, live better."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13-03-18, 06:08 PM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 867
I really don't like EVGA's MBO design. They had few decent ones before, but now they look extremely cheep. Also they have issues all around. As Tom said, they need a bit of polish.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14-03-18, 10:14 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 4,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Its silver not white.

Sadly even with all the power phases the bios needs work. Ive tested a lot of cheaper boards that out clocked and performed this.
When will they learn?

We on the forums, have been saying how poor their BIOS is. Throw that info on all forums globally and surely EVGA must have taken a hint that they need a revamp or overhaul... Why don't they even employ someone who can specialize in this one area and lead a team towards improvement.

I just don't understand. Bios is such an important aspect and a great selling point for motherboards. Yet time and time again, EVGA neglect to address it well enough.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14-03-18, 10:56 AM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
When will they learn?

We on the forums, have been saying how poor their BIOS is. Throw that info on all forums globally and surely EVGA must have taken a hint that they need a revamp or overhaul... Why don't they even employ someone who can specialize in this one area and lead a team towards improvement.

I just don't understand. Bios is such an important aspect and a great selling point for motherboards. Yet time and time again, EVGA neglect to address it well enough.

My overwhelming gut feeling about EVGA Bios devs is arrogance tbh, even when emailing them I get the feeling they DGAF and just seem to be looking for excuses and or reasons to tell you that you dont know what youre talking about......
__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14-03-18, 11:16 AM
Avet's Avatar
Avet Avet is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
My overwhelming gut feeling about EVGA Bios devs is arrogance tbh, even when emailing them I get the feeling they DGAF and just seem to be looking for excuses and or reasons to tell you that you dont know what youre talking about......
You may lack knowledge to program BIOS, but that is like saying to a car reviewer that he lacks knowledge to build a car. You are still the most eligible to tell them it is crap.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14-03-18, 11:32 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 10,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
You may lack knowledge to program BIOS, but that is like saying to a car reviewer that he lacks knowledge to build a car. You are still the most eligible to tell them it is crap.
They used a similar technique on a buddy of mine a good few years ago. He bought the 790i Ultra SLi and from day one it BSOD. It was so bad he couldn't use it, and due to it being quite complicated to update the bios it just sorta sat there. He must have spent three days in total on the phone with their tech bod who blamed it on everything but the board.

Sends it to me four years later I get it all sorted and running in about five minutes. It was the bios to blame. Mind you I will say that part of that was adopting new tech too early (DDR3). But yeah, not a nice experience and not what you would expect of a $500 motherboard. He listens to me now
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.