Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 12-03-18, 01:57 PM
The Guvnor

Ive got 4 279's on my desk and I have a black background .... no issues.

Id honestly say see what it looks like with an actual image on it though.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 12-03-18, 03:25 PM
OC3D Elite

When it come to monitors you can't beat iiyama imo because they only make monitors

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla
Old 12-03-18, 03:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Well I don't know where to go with this, I'll see what the shop has to say about it. Its not bad when there is lots of color on the screen, but when watching dark scenes in movies its definitely visible. The other nagging factor is the couple of scratches that are visible when the sun comes through my office windows on a certain angle.
Intel Core i9 9900kK @ 5.00GHz @1.29v - Asus ROG Maximus Hero - G.SKill [email protected] 2x16GB - Thermal Take View Glass - PM961 1TB x 2 RAID0 - Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair H110 Pro - Corsair Commander Pro - Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560x1440P G-Sync 165Hz
Old 12-03-18, 04:07 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
Well I don't know where to go with this, I'll see what the shop has to say about it. Its not bad when there is lots of color on the screen, but when watching dark scenes in movies its definitely visible. The other nagging factor is the couple of scratches that are visible when the sun comes through my office windows on a certain angle.

Sounds to me like it wasnt new tbh.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 12-03-18, 04:27 PM
OC3D Elite

TBH it's a gaming screen so it is fit for purpose really... I mean yeah, my Acer was OK when gaming but for media and stuff it just sucked. I was going to mention dark scenes in movies earlier, what a tragedy that was !

Old 12-03-18, 05:23 PM
OC3D Elite

It was defo brand spanking new out of the box, factory sealed. But as Asus have had so many returns on this unit maybe they slipped a few refurbs into new packaging to clear out their losses...

Who knows, anyway I'm sticking with it, just sick of poor QC these days, never used to be like that back in the day when forking out that kind of dosh for hardware.
Intel Core i9 9900kK @ 5.00GHz @1.29v - Asus ROG Maximus Hero - G.SKill [email protected] 2x16GB - Thermal Take View Glass - PM961 1TB x 2 RAID0 - Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair H110 Pro - Corsair Commander Pro - Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560x1440P G-Sync 165Hz
Old 12-03-18, 11:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
It was defo brand spanking new out of the box, factory sealed. But as Asus have had so many returns on this unit maybe they slipped a few refurbs into new packaging to clear out their losses...
I think that Dicey most likely have some experiences with this in particular with his 7 different monitors of the same model.