Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 16-01-21, 11:54 PM
Advanced Member

My 4 year old cuboid played up a bit for the first time and while i have got it working it felt like a good idea to get something newer in case.

So decided on this Geekvape Aegis X, i've used smok in the past and have had a few mods go wrong hopefully this will fair better, but smok tanks i don't mind and still use them all atm the mesh coils are my prefered type they last a fair while longer.

with some luck it'll last as long as my current mod has

Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNosser View Post
My 4 year old cuboid played up a bit for the first time and while i have got it working it felt like a good idea to get something newer in case.

So decided on this Geekvape Aegis X, i've used smok in the past and have had a few mods go wrong hopefully this will fair better, but smok tanks i don't mind and still use them all atm the mesh coils are my prefered type they last a fair while longer.

with some luck it'll last as long as my current mod has
I have 2 Aegis X mods both of which are over a year old. They are rock solid mods

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM
OC3D Elite

Just don't drop it. I had one with a screen in, one drop and the screen cracked and it was useless

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Just don't drop it. I had one with a screen in, one drop and the screen cracked and it was useless
I have a Smok V12 with the V12 prince tank I've knocked it off my desk a few times and surprised the screen and the glass on the tank has never broken.

I agree about the Smok mesh coils they seem to last about 3 months for me, I use to clean coils but now I feel i get my money's worth so got lazy
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: Gigabyte white 2070
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Mine was a Rev? GTS? something like that. One drop, bounced off my foot and barely touched the base of my chair and it cracked. I guess it was luck of the drop, but I crapped out

I got two of those. Both have had several drops (usually out of jogger pockets when getting out of a car) and they both live on. The screen is very well protected.

Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM
OC3D Elite

I have a silver 1 of these E-Priv with a different glass on tank that doesn't stick out so much

Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM
OC3D Elite

You can see they have thought about it. There's plenty protruding out more than the screen.

I did get really unlucky tbh. It was one of those "Has to fall in an absolutely specific position". Still, it did kill it and it wasn't cheap.

Might buy a new tank soon. Or rather, new tanks. I always keep a spare after dropping my cig at a mate's on his wooden floor and shattering the tank glass. I didn't have a spare, and had to go cold turkey for two days.

Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM
OC3D Elite

I have a few old tanks I could use but my local shop carries all spares for the V12 prince plus I have 2 of them and spare glass.

I tried a couple of the pod mods but they just suffer from leaking, so I went back to my big heavy E-Priv
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM
OC3D Elite

I wasn't going to bid on that. I already bought the last needed one (60p) last week. However, I had some "winnings" from my ex landlady (will post about that shortly) so I decided to buy it.

Old Today, 02:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
I have a few old tanks I could use but my local shop carries all spares for the V12 prince plus I have 2 of them and spare glass.

I tried a couple of the pod mods but they just suffer from leaking, so I went back to my big heavy E-Priv
The two smok mods I had were the cube x2 and then i had an alien, both went bad the cubex2 lasted about a year the alien only a few months, i like the tanks thou can't get the coils for the TFV4 anymore the baby beast I just don't like the coils go bad real fast but the prince V12 tank with mesh is really nice they last ages

Alien feel free to go a little crazy with the windfall, just bare in mind i think most of us on the forum feel you don't need another rig