Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 29-07-20, 02:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Just witnessed a fatality... Car changed lanes on the motorwar into a speeding truck which smash into its rear, and launched the car

Car driver to blame, but no chance of survival. Jeez makes you wonder if the car didnt have crumple zones, would the driver have lived.

Old 29-07-20, 03:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Just witnessed a fatality... Car changed lanes on the motorwar into a speeding truck which smash into its rear, and launched the car

Car driver to blame, but no chance of survival. Jeez makes you wonder if the car didnt have crumple zones, would the driver have lived.
No, he wouldn't. That amount of force would just rip the organs out of their positions causing instantaneous death. The force would be even stronger without crumple zones. It is a very common type of damage caused by strong impacts.

Crumple zones on cars are extremely good. If cars didn't have crumple zones most accidents that now aren't (with crumple zones) would be fatal. The reason is massive damage to internal organs due to the force of the impact. With crumple zones, the force is absorbed and diverted around the cabin making it less damaging to human body.

If the crash was so bad that the whole car got squashed there is no way he would have survived either way. Sadly that is how physics works.

Either way witnessing something like that is pretty stressful.
Old 30-07-20, 03:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah, impact is a major killer. Like when Dale Earnhart died. His skull literally ripped off his spine. That's why they have those bungee things on their helmets that connects to the seat now.

It's not nice to see though tbh. If you need to talk we're here dude.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 30-07-20, 04:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah, impact is a major killer. Like when Dale Earnhart died. His skull literally ripped off his spine. That's why they have those bungee things on their helmets that connects to the seat now.
They did actually have HANS devices at the time, but they were as yet not fully proven in benefits and Earnhart found them restrictive and called them a "noose" because he felt it was more likely to hang him than save his life. His death was the key factor that led to them being mandated for NASCAR though, and not long after Mercedes were finishing their near-decade of research on the devices to verify their benefits to single seater racing series (Focus on HANS devices in F1 started with Senna and Ratzenberger's deaths at the 1994 San Marino GP, both from basilar skull fractures).

But yeah, deeply unpleasant in any circumstance. Crazy how our understanding of this type of injury is so recent.
Old 03-08-20, 10:06 AM
OC3D Elite

Interesting to see the Latest top sales on Steam

Grounded
Valve Index VR Kit
Destroy All Humans!
Sea of Thieves
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
Red Dead Redemption 2
Satisfactory
Death Stranding

You can blame people like me for that
And after playing Alyx i do not regret the stupid amount it cost me on shipping and taxes either!
Old 05-08-20, 08:31 AM
Bettyswollocks

Upgrade time is upon me, time to retire CJ and start a fresh build. So as I type my Mobo and CPU are winding their way across the Peak District to complete the build and I'll post pictures a little later.

i74790k -> R5 3600X
1080Ti or RX5700XT (Have both so meh)
16GB DDR3 2300 -> 32GB DDR4 3200
Z97 Sabertooth -> B550 Motar Max
EVGA 650 -> EVGA 750
Define S -> Core V21

Gonna be a fun packed day.
Old 05-08-20, 09:10 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Upgrade time is upon me, time to retire CJ and start a fresh build. So as I type my Mobo and CPU are winding their way across the Peak District to complete the build and I'll post pictures a little later.

i74790k -> R5 3600X
1080Ti or RX5700XT (Have both so meh)
16GB DDR3 2300 -> 32GB DDR4 3200
Z97 Sabertooth -> B550 Motar Max
EVGA 650 -> EVGA 750
Define S -> Core V21

Gonna be a fun packed day.
Oh nice! Have fun!

For those who recall my issues with ASUS regarding the faulty monitor they have no sent out and I have received a brand new replacement.

Due to the delay I actually bought a brand new Dell monitor which I am chuffed with!

However, this has left me confused over what to do with the ASUS replacement. It is brand new and sealed, however, ASUS confirmed it will carry the original warranty which only has 3 months left.

I considered selling the ASUS unit but am hesitant due to the new buyer not having an warranty on a brand new monitor. I spoke with ASUS and asked if I could purchase a warranty for it and they advised no.

What would you guys do it my situation? I could use it as a second monitor...
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | HP Omen 27i, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 05-08-20, 09:54 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
Oh nice! Have fun!

For those who recall my issues with ASUS regarding the faulty monitor they have no sent out and I have received a brand new replacement.

Due to the delay I actually bought a brand new Dell monitor which I am chuffed with!

However, this has left me confused over what to do with the ASUS replacement. It is brand new and sealed, however, ASUS confirmed it will carry the original warranty which only has 3 months left.

I considered selling the ASUS unit but am hesitant due to the new buyer not having an warranty on a brand new monitor. I spoke with ASUS and asked if I could purchase a warranty for it and they advised no.

Send it back. Not worth keeping if its so unreliable. Id stick with 1 screen and I think Dell will be a good replacement for sure.
Old 05-08-20, 09:59 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
Oh nice! Have fun!

As you can't get a refund for the Asus monitor just sell it with the info that it only has 3 months left, Extra change in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Send it back. Not worth keeping if its so unreliable. Id stick with 1 screen and I think Dell will be a good replacement for sure.

But then Asus would have the monitor and his money, He'd be left with nothing.

Old 05-08-20, 10:21 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
As you can't get a refund for the Asus monitor just sell it with the info that it only has 3 months left, Extra change in your pocket.

But then Asus would have the monitor and his money, He'd be left with nothing.
Wait, they don't do refunds? I would have thought the original etailer would step in and honor the transaction.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk