Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 18-04-13, 09:21 PM
Volume's Avatar
Volume Volume is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Croatia, Sibenik
Posts: 45
My friend everything looks f.... great so far. Can't wait to see more


__________________

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 18-04-13, 10:27 PM
alpenwasser's Avatar
alpenwasser alpenwasser is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupdoc View Post
I can't wait to see the copper in that case man
You and me both, mate, you and me both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
Moar?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume View Post
My friend everything looks f.... great so far. Can't wait to see more

I have taken apart my old rig (yesterday) and am currently working from my laptop. I prepared
quite thoroughly for the switch, but naturally, productivity does suffer.

I'm currently still waiting for a few small parts, which is why I haven't done much this week
on this rig. However, I have started on another build for which I'm preparing a build log
(how to mod a 360 60mm thick radiator into an R4 without sacrificing HDD's). It will be
our new HTPC/Server and possibly also do some computing.

Theme will be black/blue. Of course it will be a bit more modest than this one, but the modding
of the case has actually turned out to be quite interesting (I've only taken it apart and taken
the first measurements though).

Anyway, I will have more material either Fri or Sat this week I hope.


Thanks for all the support, guys! It really means a lot
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 18-04-13, 10:29 PM
SeekaX SeekaX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,757
i see this thread hitting 50 pages. ez
waiting badly for progress, you don't see a caselabs sr2 titan copper build every day.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 18-04-13, 11:36 PM
alpenwasser's Avatar
alpenwasser alpenwasser is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
i see this thread hitting 50 pages. ez
40 posts/page or default?

We shall see, I don't want to be presumptuous. I'm certainly grateful for all the support so far.
It really does feel great to pour so much into something and then get a good response, even
though I have not yet actually done all too much tbh. I have worked a lot, but it's mostly
been research and a lot of small things here and there or trying out different things and how
they could be done etc.

When you look at the visible output it's mostly still just a bunch of components. But as the
saying of the many P's goes:
"Proper planning and preparation prevents poor performance."
(or one of the other versions of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
waiting badly for progress, you don't see a caselabs sr2 titan copper build every day.
Haha, if you find another let me know
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 19-04-13, 08:33 PM
Volume's Avatar
Volume Volume is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Croatia, Sibenik
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
You and me both, mate, you and me both.





I have taken apart my old rig (yesterday) and am currently working from my laptop. I prepared
quite thoroughly for the switch, but naturally, productivity does suffer.

I'm currently still waiting for a few small parts, which is why I haven't done much this week
on this rig. However, I have started on another build for which I'm preparing a build log
(how to mod a 360 60mm thick radiator into an R4 without sacrificing HDD's). It will be
our new HTPC/Server and possibly also do some computing.

Theme will be black/blue. Of course it will be a bit more modest than this one, but the modding
of the case has actually turned out to be quite interesting (I've only taken it apart and taken
the first measurements though).

Anyway, I will have more material either Fri or Sat this week I hope.


Thanks for all the support, guys! It really means a lot
Another project, hehehe. I'm waiting
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 19-04-13, 09:02 PM
alpenwasser's Avatar
alpenwasser alpenwasser is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume View Post
Another project, hehehe. I'm waiting
Hehe

Just a quick update: I will be cooking and brewing home-made Ravioli with my neighbour
tomorrow (you know, from the basics, making the dough and stuffing and then putting the
whole thing together), which will probably take pretty much the entire work day. She used
to run a restaurant, so there's lots of stuff to learn from her, and I've been looking for a good
stuffing recipe for ages

This means it will most likely be Sunday before I can continue work on HELIOS. I received
my Molex ATX pin remover yesterday (yes, an original Molex one ), so aside from the
other build I will probably be starting the sleeving on HELIOS next.

cheers,
-aw
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 19-04-13, 09:06 PM
Lystfiskern Lystfiskern is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vikhammer, NORWAY
Posts: 562
Sounds a treat! Have a nice dinner - nerds in here can wait
__________________
[SIZE="2"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Fractal Design Define R5W White / Corsair AX760i[/ EVGA Z97 FTW / Intel® Core i7-4790K / 32GB Kingston HyperX Savage 2400Mhz / Samsung 850 Pro 250Gb/Corsair Force Series GT 240Gb / HGST 4Tb / Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / MSI GTX970 Gaming / Corsair H100GTX - Corsair SP120QE / Dell Ultrasharp U2410/ Corsair AF140QEx2 Front / Corsair AF120QEx2 Bottom/Back
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 19-04-13, 11:14 PM
VegardBS VegardBS is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Řyer, Norway
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
Hehe

Just a quick update: I will be cooking and brewing home-made Ravioli with my neighbour
tomorrow (you know, from the basics, making the dough and stuffing and then putting the
whole thing together), which will probably take pretty much the entire work day. She used
to run a restaurant, so there's lots of stuff to learn from her, and I've been looking for a good
stuffing recipe for ages

This means it will most likely be Sunday before I can continue work on HELIOS. I received
my Molex ATX pin remover yesterday (yes, an original Molex one ), so aside from the
other build I will probably be starting the sleeving on HELIOS next.

cheers,
-aw
Drop the cooking! Please the nerds Just joking, I'm not here to force, i'm here to enjoy
I'm looking forward to the sleeving! I need to do some myself, but I don't know if I should sleeve the whole PSU or extension cables. I'll check my wallet and hopefully I can even make all custom cables
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 19-04-13, 11:17 PM
pcjunkie429's Avatar
pcjunkie429 pcjunkie429 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Virginia, US
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegardBS View Post
I'm looking forward to the sleeving! I need to do some myself, but I don't know if I should sleeve the whole PSU or extension cables. I'll check my wallet and hopefully I can even make all custom cables
If you've never done sleeving before, I'd start with extensions, then when you feel comfortable with it, you can move on to voiding your PSU warranty .

I've never done it before, but I really want to buy a pin remover and some paracord and practice on this 8 Pin EPS extension I have laying around which came with my case.
__________________
NOT Lee Harrington (owner of PCJunkie Mods), just a fan of his.

PC Specs (as of 4/15/2013): AMD FX 8150 (OC to 3.87 GHz using AMD Asetek AIO Liquid Cooler), 8gb of Kingston HyperX Black Edition 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, Sapphire Vapor-X AMD Radeon 7770 GHz Edition, WD Caviar Blue 500GB, SeaSonic X Series 600w PSU, Zalman Z12 Plus case
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 19-04-13, 11:27 PM
VegardBS VegardBS is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Řyer, Norway
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjunkie429 View Post
If you've never done sleeving before, I'd start with extensions, then when you feel comfortable with it, you can move on to voiding your PSU warranty .

I've never done it before, but I really want to buy a pin remover and some paracord and practice on this 8 Pin EPS extension I have laying around which came with my case.
I had sleeved a non modular PSU once... It did not turn out well It worked, but the sleeving did not look good ...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
560 radiator, caselabs smh10, copper, evga sr-2, geforce titan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 07:53 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.