Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-03-18, 09:05 AM
OC3D Elite

I'm comparing the dimensions between this and the 900D.

900D
Case Dimensions: 692mm x 252mm x 650mm

1000D
Case Dimensions: 693mm x 307mm x 697mm

I like the dimension increase. Contrary to all the hate with the 900D, I actually liked it. Coupled with some great work from Coldzero, I found it a great case for water.

If I hadn't just bought a C700P, I would have waited and gone for this one. Act as an early adopter for once in my life

Old 13-03-18, 12:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
He said in his comments he has been sitting on 1 for 3 weeks I think.
Yeah I hadn’t gone thru all the posts before I commented lol
Old 13-03-18, 03:01 PM

corsair 1000

why does corsair say one thing and do another on the overclockers forum they say they see this case put in production they said they don't see this happening then on here its adifferent tail they want to make there minds up they said this case was only made for ces
Old 13-03-18, 03:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth25 View Post
why does corsair say one thing and do another on the overclockers forum they say they see this case put in production they said they don't see this happening then on here its adifferent tail they want to make there minds up they said this case was only made for ces
With most companies when they use the word project or concept it normally means it’s simething they’ve getting a feel for. And while yes project slate got huge eews and awes it’s not really fathomable as shipping cost on it would be astronomical.
Old 13-03-18, 05:40 PM
Old N Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
If I was going to spend this much money I'd rather get a Caselabs.
So would I, but Corsair is a far more recognised brand and are easily accessible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
I like it or rather the idea but "Tempered Glass" and more annoying "RGB" = No Thanks!.

Give me an option to have an Acrylic window and no RGB instead and I will seriously be interested, but I will not touch a case with "Tempered Glass" because I really don't want to have to be worrying about finding little bit's of glass in my car, after driving to a lan because the side panels have shattered.

For me this whole "Tempered Glass" and must have "RGB" fad needs to die instantly because for me, they are ruining good products with it all.

If I wanted lights in my pc I would buy an RGB strip and if I wanted Glass I would have it made for me, but I don't so I don't want the only options available to be full of the stuff I don't like because manufacturers think it looks good.

I mean seriously some people's houses/rooms must look like a nightclub with the pc turned on with all this "RGB" Garbage.

If only Caselabs cases were not stupidly expensive!
You'd bring a case of this size and versatility to a lan event? I can understand if you want to show it off at a convention or something (which might still mean tempered glass as that's what people want to see), but I wouldn't take a case like this with all its water cooling components to a lan event to play CS:GO or Overwatch, and I don't imagine the market for that is particularly huge. Lan event systems are common, and even water cooled ones, but how many 900D's with 2x480's do you see at lan events? There might be a few, but the market for wealthy water enthusiasts who want tempered glass will be far larger.

The guys that will buy this case are more likely to have a 'gaming dungeon' in their basement. The whole room will have been built around RGB, IKEA furniture, Corsair branded peripherals, multiple monitors, super tidy cable management, mini fridge with refreshments, steering wheel setup, multiple VR headsets, etc.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 13-03-18, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

PFFFT, this thing is all about rookie numbers. Enthoo Elite or GTFO
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | EVGA 1080 Ti, ASUS 1050 Ti | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 13-03-18, 06:18 PM
OC3D Elite

haha if any one could lift that with two 480s in and a 360 in the roof + water I would actually be scared.

Old 13-03-18, 06:21 PM
Old N Gold

I know guys are joking or just having a chin wag so I'm not talking to you, but a lot people would genuinely think that a product like this shouldn't exist because 'Case Labs are the best' or 'In-Win or go home'. It saddens me when I see crap like that. Some people are so self-centred that anything other than their way is retarded and should disappear. Dogmatic people really grind my gears.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 13-03-18, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
haha if any one could lift that with two 480s in and a 360 in the roof + water I would actually be scared.
I have two 480s and a 360 in my Enthoo Elite (these two cases seem to weigh around the same). I have to remove all the outer panels which are 4mm aluminium, then drag the table it's on along to floor to move it. Honestly I think I'd struggle to lift the empty case, let alone with all the components in...
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | EVGA 1080 Ti, ASUS 1050 Ti | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 13-03-18, 06:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
I have two 480s and a 360 in my Enthoo Elite (these two cases seem to weigh around the same). I have to remove all the outer panels which are 4mm aluminium, then drag the table it's on along to floor to move it. Honestly I think I'd struggle to lift the empty case, let alone with all the components in...
My 2008 Area 51 is like that. It is so heavy you have to take off the side panel, then put your hands into the top of the case and grab onto the lip to lift it. You would need a cart to pull this thing to a LAN