Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 27-08-18, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Small talk and chit chat :P

ya was thinking where to post it, but since it not something i done and just i came across it on imgur thought ehhh looks interesting for a quick looksie

is there a better place to post it if so i'll move it and delete it from here

Old 27-08-18, 11:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
ya was thinking where to post it, but since it not something i done and just i came across it on imgur thought ehhh looks interesting for a quick looksie

is there a better place to post it if so i'll move it and delete it from here
You can post it here no problem I was being a Smart [email protected]#$ to the thread in general I was putting in small talk and chit chat.............
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 28-08-18, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member

got a call from work they are going to exile me for half a day to the land of TTL lol
Old 28-08-18, 08:15 PM
Resident Newb

So I was kind of seeing a girl last year who I'd worked with in the fitness industry on and off for a few years and things were getting serious, No strings attached at first and then came a sort of relationship, She decided it was a bit much and moved to America for a new job as money was worth more to her than a relationship.

She got engaged to a guy over there and apparently last week broke it off with him and then moved to Berlin, My hometown, And now hangs round with a few gothy/emo/punk girls I personally know.

It's like I went through the twilight zone lol

Old 29-08-18, 08:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Can an admin/mod disable these small "recommended for you" articles that pop up on screen?

I was just informed today that EVGA announced their 1080ti FTW3 card. Who knew that 2 years on, they finally got the design well enough to announce it for 2018 launch

nah seriously, the popups have never shown a recent article. The concept is good but in practise its not working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	evga.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	12560  
Old 29-08-18, 06:29 PM
OC3D Elite

https://youtu.be/Q8V2F3NtCGk

Nvidia posted that video on their Youtube channel. Shadows look really good and reflections in some places too, but some metal items look really out of place, are too bright and have a strange strong blue tint. When he enters the room, the lighting isn't too great and smoke grenades don't cast a shade.

It's also 1080p60, and maybe I'm imagining things but didnt seem like rock solid 60 either.

For a multiplayer FPS, paying heaps extra and ditching high refresh rate sounds like an absolute garbage deal when the reward is better lighting.
Old 29-08-18, 06:38 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
https://youtu.be/Q8V2F3NtCGk

Nvidia posted that video on their Youtube channel. Shadows look really good and reflections in some places too, but some metal items look really out of place, are too bright and have a strange strong blue tint. When he enters the room, the lighting isn't too great and smoke grenades don't cast a shade.

It's also 1080p60, and maybe I'm imagining things but didnt seem like rock solid 60 either.

For a multiplayer FPS, paying heaps extra and ditching high refresh rate sounds like an absolute garbage deal when the reward is better lighting.
From what I could tell most of the lighting in the open areas looked very close to what we already have now. Most of the improvements are in the small details like inside buildings and then reflections.
Agreed though that the lighting and smoke grenades looked awful. Like being overdone to really make it noticeable but it ends up looking bad.
Old 29-08-18, 06:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Also, they raved about lifelike occlusion with RTX, well looks like their showpiece for the technology uses good old occlusion with the artifacts which come along with it. Note that the nade is occluded as well.

More about RTX Occlusion.
Old 29-08-18, 06:51 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
From what I could tell most of the lighting in the open areas looked very close to what we already have now. Most of the improvements are in the small details like inside buildings and then reflections.
Agreed though that the lighting and smoke grenades looked awful. Like being overdone to really make it noticeable but it ends up looking bad.
I bet in RTX enabled titles the shadows and reflections which would have been good without RTX i.e real time reflections, PCSS, HBAO+ etc... which are all available right now, Will be dulled down so when RTX is enabled people will say "WOW" even though it really won't be a night and day difference.

Old 29-08-18, 06:58 PM
OC3D Elite

It all looks primitive to me. Like a step backward, if you will. I have seen much better looking games than that !

Nvidia want me to step back to when 4k could not be ran without SLi and spending £1600. No thanks.

I will wait until it can be done properly this time, and survive on what I got until then.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk