Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Cooling - Other

Old 06-02-18, 08:06 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by frufsa View Post
Yeah, im looking for just the fan controller. Dont have anny need for the screen in a non windowed define c.

Ill go for a lt then
Decent piece of kit.

Does the LT use the Aquaero software? If so you're in for a treat, it's really good.

Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | PG279Q, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 06-02-18, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member

Send a message via Skype™ to frufsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
You can use the PA on its own, but yes it does interface with the AE. If you want the channels at separate speeds then that is the way to go, or, if you are happy having all of the fans at one speed (but fully controlled) then the PA with a Splitty will do the job.
Yup, looking for individual fan controll, the goal is to make the car as quite as posible, but without comprimising the performance.
Old 06-02-18, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
Decent piece of kit.

Does the LT use the Aquaero software? If so you're in for a treat, it's really good.
Looking forward to it then
Old 06-02-18, 08:36 PM
OC3D Elite

I use an NZXT Grid+ and it does the job well. I run my RBG's off the corsair controller (it's controlled by the button on the front I/O) and the fan speeds off the GRID. I have my H100 fans running slow at all times and then my other four fans spin up or stop depending on the GPU temps.
It works pretty well and hides neatly away behind the back panel.

CAM can be a bit hit and miss sometimes at absolutely nailing the RPMs as it uses a slider for percentages based on temp and it's not exactly where I'd like it but pretty close. That could be the fans fault though just as easily. Or the temp sensors.

Wasn't too expensive either and controls up to six fans.

Old 06-02-18, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
I have a PA3 and the software is the same as the AE. I stuck a Splitty 9 on mine. I run the pump and all of my fans from it at 7v.
This is exactly what I use. PA3 elite with heatsink + a splitty 9. It's perfect!
Old 07-02-18, 01:30 AM

I'm looking at getting a NZXT GRID+ V2 or 3 for my sons pc and using the CAM software to keep his pc cool, as it's running too hot at the moment. Also theirs the Thermaltake Commander FP, which can be a bit cheaper.

OLD PC: i5 3570K | MSI Z77 MPower | Mushkin Ridgeback 2x4GB | Corsair H100i | XFI HD 7990 6GB | Corsair AX850 | CM Storm Stryker
Old 07-02-18, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
I'm looking at getting a NZXT GRID+ V2 or 3 for my sons pc and using the CAM software to keep his pc cool, as it's running too hot at the moment. Also theirs the Thermaltake Commander FP, which can be a bit cheaper.

was looking at some reviews about these past few days they also on my shopping short list if you do get them let us know cos a lot of people gave mixed reviews especially about the software
still got a couple months to make up my mind
Old 07-02-18, 09:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layer Cakes View Post
This is exactly what I use. PA3 elite with heatsink + a splitty 9. It's perfect!

My mate made me put the heatsink on mine

Old 07-02-18, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Orederd a aquaero 6 LT.
Thanks for the input guys.
Old 07-02-18, 10:50 AM
OC3D Elite

My personal opinion is that if total fans in use is less than 6. Use software. Even though AE 6XT or LT are kings of the hill. They are (in my opinion) total overkill for you. ASUS AI Suite as crappy as it is, is actually very good for fan control and setting up of curves.

I use the 6 XT for 20 fans and 2 pumps. Beautiful device. If you think its inexpensive then sure, go for it. I just think if you never intend to watercool its a little bit of a waste.

Also remember for future software updates from Aquacomputer now, you need to pay a yearly license fee.