Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 13-01-18, 05:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Today I hooked up everything on the desk to test, running from an external PSU (not the pump obs)

And then started the very slow and tedious task of creating my own AS page.

Still need to learn that, but thankfully it is very similar to AIDA 64 and a emulator I used to work with.

The PA is now fitted after I made a bracket for it.

If you ever ask me something and feel insulted by what I said back ask yourself this.. Would you rather I pretend and give you the answer that is expected, or, tell you how it really is?
Old 13-01-18, 08:28 PM
OC3D Elite

"Spot the AC"

It's pretty neato how the whole fan frame lights up, too. That's saved me about £40.

If you ever ask me something and feel insulted by what I said back ask yourself this.. Would you rather I pretend and give you the answer that is expected, or, tell you how it really is?
Old 14-01-18, 01:50 PM
OC3D Elite

OK my best attempt at a "daylight" pic. Unfortunately there is pretty much none today.

And a better pic of the AC

Still lots to do (get some lighting for the back plate, make a USB cable etc) but it's getting there

Oh BTW massive temp drops since fitting this new rad. Like 25c+ massive. I am beginning to suspect that the rad I was using before was old and rather crap (I got it on the cheap. New, but yeah a very old model).

Hour of Fallout 4 at 4k with +220 on the core (instead of +200) and more volts and a maxed out temp thing resulted in 41c. What's awesome is as soon as you let off the gas it immediately drops to 25c and then a final idle temp of 21c.

Old 14-01-18, 05:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Great stuff man! Can't wait to see that mirror plate installed!

Old 14-01-18, 05:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Great stuff man! Can't wait to see that mirror plate installed!
I'm currently looking into ways of lighting it up. White, obs, but can't find exactly what I want yet.

Old 14-01-18, 07:09 PM
OC3D Elite

So I finally found something to light up the GPU with so that you can see it in the mirror.

It's LED, not a cathode (so no big lump to hide) and it has a milky shell. So you can't see the LEDs. Perfect really. Will need to be altered and so on but it's mainly the shell I was after.