Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Sound Cards & Speakers

Old 28-12-18, 12:23 PM
OC3D Elite

You can make it yourself, or ask anyone in electric repair shop to make it for you. It is a 15 min job. Electronic stores, or music stores sell connectors. Cable you can buy in spools. Just take the length you need, split it at the ends, and solder connectors. Components are available from budget to studio level. And you can easily make it much higher quality than you can find in stores. That one in the picture is really bad.

Old 28-12-18, 12:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
You can make it yourself, or ask anyone in electric repair shop to make it for you. It is a 15 min job. Electronic stores, or music stores sell connectors. Cable you can buy in spools. Just take the length you need, split it at the ends, and solder connectors. Components are available from budget to studio level. And you can easily make it much higher quality than you can find in stores. That one in the picture is really bad.
Why is the one in the picture bad?...
Old 28-12-18, 02:03 PM
OC3D Elite

That cable is too thin. If you peel it you will see maybe 5 thin wires for each connection. Surface of the wire is what transmits the signal. More wires, more surface, better signal.

It depends on your needs, but i prefer to spend the same, or a little more on a custom cable if i can't find quality one, and know that i can plug anything in it. That one is good for Skype headphones. If you have 300€ headphones, or speakers and put it in that cable, you wasted money on headphones.

A decent copper cable, with good connectors will give you less hiss sound if you use it as an extension.
Old 28-12-18, 03:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah nah that cable is likely fine even for hifi headphones. The current is very low.
Old 31-12-18, 06:40 PM
OC3D Elite

So you want one cable that splits into 2 to support both mic and audio?

Check out plantronics. They might be able to help you. They have an assortment of cables for their professional headsets as well as gaming.

I have made my own in the past. But I honestly don't see whats wrong with the one you posted. Both cables or stuck together so it's as neat as its going to get.

Check
Soundblaster
Plantronics
Logitech
Clas Ohlson
Vention
dhgate.com
Old 31-12-18, 07:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Yes, that is correct. But more one cable that splits into 2 female connectors on one end and male connectors on the other.

There’s nothing wrong with the one I posted, just wondered if anyone might have something different and perhaps a shorter option than that.
Old 01-01-19, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

this is the extra cable that came with my v-moda M-100's its what you are looking for ? works great never had any problems with it

only place i did find it was on their actual site for 9 bucks

https://www.v-moda.com/us/en/product...pc-mic-adapter

Edit : i lieeee i just put Voip-Pc Mic Adapter inot amazon and like 5 thousand came up
Old 01-01-19, 10:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Nah that's a phone 4 pin to mic and headphones. He needs basically two cables in one.

Old 01-01-19, 05:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Yes, that is correct. But more one cable that splits into 2 female connectors on one end and male connectors on the other.

There’s nothing wrong with the one I posted, just wondered if anyone might have something different and perhaps a shorter option than that.
I would just buy 2 single cables and wrap them in a custom sleeve. That is all it is after all.