Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Sound Cards & Speakers

Old 28-12-18, 12:02 AM
OC3D Elite

3.5mm combined audio cable

Hello everyone,

I'm after a cable that looks like this and was wondering if anyone knows where to possibly get one and in the length of 1m (1 meter):

I'm after the simplicity of having just 1 cable that splits into 2 connectors. And not 2 seperate ones that I am currently using (due to cable management and overall neatness).

Thanks,
Dawelio

Old 28-12-18, 12:12 AM
OC3D Elite

Just wrap electrical tape around the 2 separate cables you've got now, solved.
Old 28-12-18, 12:13 AM
OC3D Elite

It's not really possible to have 1 cable into two connectors, unless it has been wrapped in another skin. The fact is you have a headphone and mic connector there, meaning two cables.

Why are you using such a set up any way? isn't everything decent USB now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
That is basically what you would get, even if such a cable existed. I've seen dual RCA cables wrapped in a single outer sheath.

Old 28-12-18, 12:18 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
Well that will look absolutely ugly, isn't simple (as it will be over 2 meters long and wrapping electrical tape that long will just not work good overall unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
It's not really possible to have 1 cable into two connectors, unless it has been wrapped in another skin. The fact is you have a headphone and mic connector there, meaning two cables.

Why are you using such a set up any way? isn't everything decent USB now?
Well it is exactly that, I used to have a cable like this, but that was a few years ago.

Cause the headset I am using isn't USB connected, look it up if your curious: Sennheiser GSP 302.

And I don't like USB headsets, since the last few ones I used, there was a small buzzing sound in the background on the desktop which was rather annoying.
Old 28-12-18, 12:20 AM
OC3D Elite

I would get a new headset, personally. If you are getting buzzing then you have a ground loop somewhere, it's not the fault of the headset dude.

Old 28-12-18, 12:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I would get a new headset, personally. If you are getting buzzing then you have a ground loop somewhere, it's not the fault of the headset dude.
Yeah well I wasn't asking for advice on a new headset with this thread and I'm not getting a new one for the record. As this one suits me very well and therefore I'm trying to get something that will improve my current setup.
Old 28-12-18, 01:08 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Yeah well I wasn't asking for advice on a new headset with this thread and I'm not getting a new one for the record. As this one suits me very well and therefore I'm trying to get something that will improve my current setup.
The cable you seek does not exist dude. You may be able to get something custom made and braided, but it would cost you the same as a decent USB headset.

And then of course you run into the issue of having a braided cable. They are horrid, stiff and get on your tits.

Old 28-12-18, 01:28 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
The cable you seek does not exist dude. You may be able to get something custom made and braided, but it would cost you the same as a decent USB headset.

And then of course you run into the issue of having a braided cable. They are horrid, stiff and get on your tits.
You seem so certain about everything dude. you've must have missunderstood me, since I just got this recommended to me on another forum, which is what I'm looking for, but not exactly like the one in the picture above: https://pluus.se/shop/skarvsladd-til...r-296458p.html

Even HyperX and Kingston makes one:

https://cplonline.com.au/kingston-hx...ion-cable.html

https://www.costplus10.com.au/produc...-cable-1369651
Old 28-12-18, 11:31 AM
OC3D Elite

You seem to misunderstand me, dude. That is just two cables in one jacket. It's also as expensive as I thought it would be which is why I said I would (personally) get a new headset.

The amount of money you spend on computers I figured you would have a top class headphone and mic set up.

Old 28-12-18, 11:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
You seem to misunderstand me, dude. That is just two cables in one jacket. It's also as expensive as I thought it would be which is why I said I would (personally) get a new headset.

The amount of money you spend on computers I figured you would have a top class headphone and mic set up.
Yes, exactly and that is what I’m after. Not sure what you thought I was asking for...

Just because I spend some money to have a good computer, doesn’t mean I have to have the best headset out there.

There is also something called comfort and I prioritize that over having the best (ie, Sennheiser Game Zero, which is considered a top tier headset, doesn’t fit me good as an example).

Anywho, I didn’t come here to having to explain my purchases or about what headset I’m using or not using. I came here asking for a specific kind of extension cable and that is what this thread is about. Would appreciate if it didn’t derail any further.