Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 22-10-21, 04:24 PM
News Guru

G.SKILL reveals low-profile Ripjaws S5 series DDR5 memory modules

Low profile DDR5 with speeds of up to 6000 MT/s.

Read more about G.SKILL's Ripjaws S5 low profile DDR5 memory.

Old 22-10-21, 11:02 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Not bad actually like the looks. No RGB!
Old 24-10-21, 10:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Why does so many dislike RGB? I've never quite understood that. I mean, it will basically look the same if you simply turn it off. But you'll always have the option if you ever would like it.
Old 24-10-21, 11:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Why does so many dislike RGB? I've never quite understood that. I mean, it will basically look the same if you simply turn it off. But you'll always have the option if you ever would like it.

It does add cost, and for some people, if you turn it off you can have an ugly diffuser or piece of acrylic just sitting there not fitting the theme of the ram, motherboard or just entire pc, there is a valid point to not having any rgb on ram, gpu, motherboards and i wish more companies would offer both options.
Old 24-10-21, 02:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Because why should we pay extra for something we will turn off?

If you had the choice between 2 new phones, one that has no case, and the other that has a garrish hello kitty phone cover. Which would you choose? knowing the one with the cover costs more.

Now imagine that all phones came with that cover which "you can take it off" but they all cost more than the original phone without a case. Why should you pay the extra for something you will take off and never use?
Old 24-10-21, 03:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
It does add cost, and for some people, if you turn it off you can have an ugly diffuser or piece of acrylic just sitting there not fitting the theme of the ram, motherboard or just entire pc, there is a valid point to not having any rgb on ram, gpu, motherboards and i wish more companies would offer both options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Because why should we pay extra for something we will turn off?

If you had the choice between 2 new phones, one that has no case, and the other that has a garrish hello kitty phone cover. Which would you choose? knowing the one with the cover costs more.

Now imagine that all phones came with that cover which "you can take it off" but they all cost more than the original phone without a case. Why should you pay the extra for something you will take off and never use?
Fair points, fair points