Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 16-12-12, 11:46 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander
First Personal Rig

Hi guys.

I have a build log on this if you guys would like to go check it out, but I decided I would come and get the 'approval' of my fellows here in the New Build Advice forum. I don't claim to know a lot about computer building, but I generally know the basics - what's good, what's not.

Here's the build that I have in mind. It'd be used for (Teamspeak, if you can reccomend so good gaming headsets) League Of Legends, DotA, HoN, Battlefield 3, Planetside 2, and general video editing (nothing too taxing).

So far I have bought (They will be highlighted green):

1. Cooler Master Storm Stryker (Case).

2. Asus Rampage Extreme(Motherboard).

3. EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW (Graphics Card).

4. Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB DDR3-1600 (RAM).

5. Corsair AX 750W (PSU).

6. Intel Core i5 3570k Ivy Bridge 3.40Ghz (CPU).

7. Corsair Force GT 120GB (SSD).

8. Corsiar H100 (WaterCooling Kit).

Since I live in the land of the long white cloud. (New Zealand). Which barely has any computer stores. It's hard to source parts from NZ. I'm open to buying parts from LA, CA (Los Angeles, California). Since I fly there frequently. The shops i'm looking at buying these parts from are: Best Buy and Fry's (Fry's for the motherboard).

Thanks for reading and I hope if you have any advice you'll leave a comment.

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthr...790#post694790

^My Setup^

Always looking for advice!
Old 16-12-12, 12:33 PM
OC3D Elite

It looks like a baller system from the specs. Very wise choices imho. I take it you're going for a red/black theme overall?

Are you going to be water cooling (the H100 doesn't count ) in the future seeing as you've gone for the EVGA GTX 670?
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Old 16-12-12, 12:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post
It looks like a baller system from the specs. Very wise choices imho. I take it you're going for a red/black theme overall?

Are you going to be water cooling (the H100 doesn't count ) in the future seeing as you've gone for the EVGA GTX 670?
670 FTW uses the 680 pcb and cooler, so I guess that a 680 waterblock would work... Might want to look that up though

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 16-12-12, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post

Sorry to undermine you but, I've bought the Storm STRYKER (The White One).
So i'd be going for a White/Red theme, and yes I will be proper watercooling the system in the future.

^My Setup^

Old 16-12-12, 01:26 PM
OC3D Elite

I see. No worries, dude. I forgot to consider the case, lol. There's literally nothing I would change from the build then.
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Old 16-12-12, 02:14 PM
Banned

That is a very good list of parts Make sure to post pics of it
Old 16-12-12, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Nice parts list there pal. Did you give PC Case Gear here in oz a go. They may ship over the Tasman for you.
http://pccasegear.com/
Worth a shot, postage probably cheaper. Plus they are really good to deal with.
Old 17-12-12, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejeta View Post
Nice parts list there pal. Did you give PC Case Gear here in oz a go. They may ship over the Tasman for you.
http://pccasegear.com/
Worth a shot, postage probably cheaper. Plus they are really good to deal with.
Hi thanks man. I took a look at that site. I think the conversion rate between currencies makes it a bit impractical to buy everything but i'll look at their sleeved cable since BestBuy doesn't sell any.

Also does anyone know the benefits of buying an H100i instead of an H100.

^My Setup^

Old 17-12-12, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

The H100i has better fans, better hoses and a better pump than the H100. The pump also has the ability to change the colors of the LEDs on it. It also cools about 3-5 coooler than the H100 if I remember correctly. Read Toms review Also the fans can be software controlled... and a few other things seperate the two.
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060WF3OC 6GB
Audio: Onboard out to Logitec 6.1
PSU: Thermaltake Litepower 700w
Case: Thermaltake Dokker
Old 17-12-12, 02:13 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
The H100i has better fans, better hoses and a better pump than the H100. The pump also has the ability to change the colors of the LEDs on it. It also cools about 3-5 coooler than the H100 if I remember correctly. Read Toms review Also the fans can be software controlled... and a few other things seperate the two.
^this

Good system specs you got planned! Also, personal suggestion, but I would try to avoid purchasing parts through Best Buy since their markup is horrendous. No sense in paying anything more than what you have to (unless there are shipping reasons). I have found that most other retailers ad e-tailers (namely tigerdirect and Newegg) have far better pricing than that place. You goin with the 2GB or 4 GB FTW card?
Corsair Graphite 760T : Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 : FX 8350 @ 4.7 GHz : 8 GB Vengeance LP Low Voltage memory @ 2133 MHz : PowerColor AXR9 280X (1100 MHZ core, 1600 MHz mem) : Kingston HyperX 3K 240 GB SSD : Cooler Master Glacer 240L : Fractal Design Newton 800W PSU : NZXT Sentry 3 Fan Speed Controller