Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 17-02-17, 08:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
At the risk of sounding like a shut in, I have never seen a Biostar board before. anyone used one before?
IMO I would never use one.

Old 17-02-17, 10:42 AM
OC3D Crew

I'm not a fan of the Biostar aesthetics so I wouldn't buy one, but I have no opinion on their quality.
Old 17-02-17, 10:53 AM
OC3D Elite

I don't think we will be seeing much of it in the UK any way. Asus dominate sales over here, leaving scraps for the rest (that's all proven btw by my mate in Taiwan who has access to sales figures). He reckons that if MSI etc don't do something fast they will stop making boards (same as Asrock etc).

It's all pretty much Asus and Gigabyte apparently.

I think if I were pushed and really didn't have Asus money I would likely buy MSI. Not for any other reason than they have really got their act together lately and have gone back to making nice looking boards, sans all of the kiddy crap. Their arctic boards are the nicest white boards I have seen, and the price is right. They overclock well too, and I like their UEFI software so you can do your OCing in Windows (well, your fine tuning any way).

Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.
Old 17-02-17, 12:03 PM
OC3D Crew

I agree, the MSI BIOS is very solid. Not up to the same level as ASUS, but it's better than Gigabyte and ASRock, IMO. I haven't tried EVGA or anyone else.
Old 17-02-17, 12:11 PM
OC3D Elite

EVGA are the worst. It's hardly surprising, they are a very small company when compared to the likes of Asus.

I worry about EVGA too. If Ryzen is 70% of what I think it is going to be then they are going to be a bit cornered being "not allowed" to deal with AMD. Either they are going to have to stand up to their abusive father or face difficulties.

On AM3 the boards to have were pretty much all Asus. Gigabyte did offer a couple of boards worth using but they were more money than the Asus which of course made no sense because the Crosshair spanked the Gigabyte for looks. The CHVFZ I had was one of the nicest looking boards I have ever had, and didn't need the annoying fans that my RIVE did.

I really hope we get a Strix AM4 board.

Old 17-02-17, 12:14 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
EVGA are the worst. It's hardly surprising, they are a very small company when compared to the likes of Asus.

I worry about EVGA too. If Ryzen is 70% of what I think it is going to be then they are going to be a bit cornered being "not allowed" to deal with AMD. Either they are going to have to stand up to their abusive father or face difficulties.

On AM3 the boards to have were pretty much all Asus. Gigabyte did offer a couple of boards worth using but they were more money than the Asus which of course made no sense because the Crosshair spanked the Gigabyte for looks. The CHVFZ I had was one of the nicest looking boards I have ever had, and didn't need the annoying fans that my RIVE did.

I really hope we get a Strix AM4 board.
I was surprised we didn't see that board announced as it would sell so well. It could be the perfect middle ground between the Prime and the Crosshair. The Strix on the Z270 boards are really nice looking and have just the right amount of features.
Old 17-02-17, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
I was surprised we didn't see that board announced as it would sell so well. It could be the perfect middle ground between the Prime and the Crosshair. The Strix on the Z270 boards are really nice looking and have just the right amount of features.
An AM4 X300 ASUS ROG Strix Gaming is the board I'll be waiting for. I really hope we get it fairly soon after launch.
Old 17-02-17, 12:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Would be nice to see a ridiculously over the top board like the black edition Rampage. Not that I would ever buy one, but yeah always nice to see

Old 17-02-17, 12:21 PM
OC3D Elite

EVGA are only a Intel & Nvidia company and that's all they will be they will not touch AMD

IMO EVGA make some of the most solid and nicest Motherboards & GPU's

There's nothing wrong with the BIOS from EVGA it's better than MSI.

People seem to forget that it was EVGA came out with the all black motherboard long before any other company.
Old 17-02-17, 12:36 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
EVGA are only a Intel & Nvidia company and that's all they will be they will not touch AMD

IMO EVGA make some of the most solid and nicest Motherboards & GPU's

There's nothing wrong with the BIOS from EVGA it's better than MSI.

People seem to forget that it was EVGA came out with the all black motherboard long before any other company.
What a novel idea! I must buy an EVGA board and not support AMD!

/sarcasm
/no need to defend yourself by saying you are who you are
/no need to 'lol' patronisingly
/just a joke
/don't take it seriously
/don't say you don't take it seriously