Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 19-07-19, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Fpi radiator question

What do the ones that know think of this .
I have new case on order which has a more restricted front (Rog Helios) , I am going to put a 420 EK PE in the front but was wondering if I would be better off with an alphacool nexXxos xt45 V2 which has a lower fpi so lower restriction on airflow .

Old 19-07-19, 12:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Alphacool rads perform better than EKs, by a decent margin in some cases. Not sure if it's due to the low FPI, but I'd take the Alphacool without question. Their rads tend to be 'dirtier' and need more flushing to get clean, but they are excellent performers. Just be sure it actually fits in the case, as the end tanks are rather fat on those rads.

Old 20-07-19, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for your input , i have been an EK fan since i starting playing with custom loops but i think i will try the new version 2 of the nexXxos xt45 this time
Old 20-07-19, 01:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie long View Post
Thanks for your input , i have been an EK fan since i starting playing with custom loops but i think i will try the new version 2 of the nexXxos xt45 this time
EK only come out of top due to their popularity. I have them too as they are easy to obtain.

Alphacool, Blackice, Bitspower, all perform better but I would say its only a few degrees between best and worst rads these days (excluding old generations of radiators)

What I like about EK, is that they are so form fitting, they take up almost no extra space in a case. e.g. the ports, and casing that surrounds the actual radiator is very streamlined like the PS series.

Performance wise, they are far from the best. But again, I would say difference between best and worst is a case of 3 or 4C these days.