Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 30-07-15, 10:28 AM
AverageNinja's Avatar
AverageNinja AverageNinja is offline
Average Penis Too
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,251
Sony PlayStation 4 has sold over 25 million units

According to the latest financial report of Sony, the PS4 has sold over 25 million times. An impressing achievement.'



Read more on the Sony financial report and PS4 sales.

__________________
JavaBean: Ryzen 5 1600 / Corsair ML240L RGB / ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero / 16GB Corsair LPX / ASUS RX 580 Strix / Corsair RM750X / Fractal Design Meshify C

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-08-15, 06:57 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,738
MS is getting killed in the Console market. For plenty of reasons though, mainly because most games release on both consoles, but the PS4 has more powerful hardware, so games look better. Makes sense to get the more powerful one if you are going to be playing games.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-08-15, 07:25 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
MS is getting killed in the Console market. For plenty of reasons though, mainly because most games release on both consoles, but the PS4 has more powerful hardware, so games look better. Makes sense to get the more powerful one if you are going to be playing games.
I'm still baffled as to why MS opted for less powerful hardware especially when both consoles cost the same
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-08-15, 08:14 AM
Kushiro Kushiro is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,188
^^Dicey got a Fury? Also what do you mean by "both consoles cost the same"?
__________________
i7 5930k 4.7Ghz ~1.34v - Asus X99 Deluxe - G.Skill 32GB 2800mhz 4x8GB - NZXT Switch 810 White Edition - 3x EVGA Geforce GTX 980Ti - 2x Samsung 850 2TB - Corsair AX1500i

Watercooling - custom
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-08-15, 08:14 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie_NS810 View Post
^^Dicey got a Fury?
Yep sure did
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-15, 08:38 AM
ShaunB-91 ShaunB-91 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southport
Posts: 4,907
Both consoles cost the same to buy yet the Xbox One rarely brings out a title that can go 1080 and 60fps, the PS4 is much more consistent with it.
__________________
All Apple Everything
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-15, 08:54 AM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 14,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunB-91 View Post
Both consoles cost the same to buy yet the Xbox One rarely brings out a title that can go 1080 and 60fps, the PS4 is much more consistent with it.
XB1 - 900P 60FPS

PS4 - 1080P 30FPS sometimes 60FPS

Honestly and this is from a mainly PC gamer, I cannot tell the difference between 900P and 1080P
__________________
= Steam/Origin/Uplay - Dicehunter =
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-15, 09:35 AM
ShaunB-91 ShaunB-91 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southport
Posts: 4,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
XB1 - 900P 60FPS

PS4 - 1080P 30FPS sometimes 60FPS

Honestly and this is from a mainly PC gamer, I cannot tell the difference between 900P and 1080P
Tbf you're probably right, you probably can't tell the difference between 900 and 1080. But the fact that the One can never hit 1080 is like guys come on ffs, PC's are at 4K now and you are just about pushing past the 720!!

But in my opinion it only makes sense to buy a PS4 over an Xbox One. I don't see why you would pay the same price but get a less powerful system, gimmicks like the camera that are not necessary (and cost more) Xbox Live Gold which is another £30. Okay you do have to pay for PS4 online now, but I still don't think its as much as Live.
__________________
All Apple Everything
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-08-15, 08:19 PM
yassarikhan786's Avatar
yassarikhan786 yassarikhan786 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8,931
Nothing on the Xbone appeals to me and anything that does is also available on PC. If the new Uncharted game is any good (which it probably will be, given Naughty Dog's track record), I'll probably pick up the PS4 at some point.
__________________
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + Dell U3818DW

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-08-15, 01:16 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
XB1 - 900P 60FPS

PS4 - 1080P 30FPS sometimes 60FPS

Honestly and this is from a mainly PC gamer, I cannot tell the difference between 900P and 1080P
You can tell a difference.. it's a 69% increase in resolution.
1600x900= 1,440,000
1920x1080=2,073,600
2,073,600/1,440,000= .69444

Owning both consoles, while playing COD:AW, I could tell a difference. Now it was a striking increase however it just looked slightly sharper. The textures also weren't as blurry when close up. From looking out very far I couldn't tell a difference however. But bring in some game exclusives, they will easily utilize both hardware to their extent and the 50% more streaming cores in the PS4 give it a massive edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunB-91 View Post
Tbf you're probably right, you probably can't tell the difference between 900 and 1080. But the fact that the One can never hit 1080 is like guys come on ffs, PC's are at 4K now and you are just about pushing past the 720!!

But in my opinion it only makes sense to buy a PS4 over an Xbox One. I don't see why you would pay the same price but get a less powerful system, gimmicks like the camera that are not necessary (and cost more) Xbox Live Gold which is another £30. Okay you do have to pay for PS4 online now, but I still don't think its as much as Live.

Exaclty my point. PS4 is the same price but more powerful and PS Live is cheaper. Makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post
Nothing on the Xbone appeals to me and anything that does is also available on PC. If the new Uncharted game is any good (which it probably will be, given Naughty Dog's track record), I'll probably pick up the PS4 at some point.
The real reason for choosing if graphics aren't an issue are exclusives. To me Sony has the best ones. Xbox only has Halo that's worth it to me but 343 industries has to prove themselves after Halo 4.. so it's iffy. Makes it an easier choice again for a PS4.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.