Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 20-04-16, 04:16 AM

Thumbs up Many things we're referenced in the making of this.

The F117 Stealth fighter, The SR71 Blackbird, The Lambo Cesto Elemento and the Lamborghini Aventador. Those things worked so why shouldn't this design.
I initially thought it looks a littleover the top and vulgar but I like vulgar, then I read eveyones comments and its clear basically no one likes it, which makes me like it more. Yes, I am a moron.

Old 20-04-16, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixdean View Post
The F117 Stealth fighter, The SR71 Blackbird, The Lambo Cesto Elemento and the Lamborghini Aventador. Those things worked so why shouldn't this design.
I initially thought it looks a littleover the top and vulgar but I like vulgar, then I read eveyones comments and its clear basically no one likes it, which makes me like it more. Yes, I am a moron.
The SR71 blackbird had more curves than Monica Bellucci mate. And was a beauty.
Old 20-04-16, 12:40 PM

Quote:
These things are not like the other. The F117 looks the way it does because it was designed as a stealth aircraft, there is zero blue sky/marketing dept led design in it. It is the perfect example of form following function and it is hideous looking, but it doesn't matter because its designed to bomb things without being spotted.

The Lambo examples mentioned are also very different as they are never going to be part of something larger, they are the entire product. The Nvidia cooler has to be part of a system and I can't think of any other components that would compliment it.

Given the design's similarities to the Shield TV unit his reeks of Nvidia's marketing department being overly involved probably using lots of nonsense buzz words and phrases. The old cooler design wise has aged remarkably well considering its 3 years old and I dont think this will.
Old 20-04-16, 01:01 PM
OC3D Elite

I honestly didn't expect the 980 would be what we have come to accept as the standard length. So much for efficiency and low TDP if this is legit , glad we are back to brutal ignorance as always rather than the stupid HBM card with no PCIe interface people keep showing next to a pen.

JR
Old 20-04-16, 01:21 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR23 View Post
I honestly didn't expect the 980 would be what we have come to accept as the standard length. So much for efficiency and low TDP if this is legit , glad we are back to brutal ignorance as always rather than the stupid HBM card with no PCIe interface people keep showing next to a pen.

JR

Would you prefer the smaller ITX length then?

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 20-04-16, 01:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Would you prefer the smaller ITX length then?
Not particularly, I just didn't expect it. The 970/980 didn't absolutely need to be as big as they were and with the continuous push for efficiency I expected nVidia's reference to get smaller for those under Ti/Titan level.

JR
Old 20-04-16, 04:22 PM
OC3D Elite

It's real. Third time picture were shown. Each time a different source.

Old 20-04-16, 05:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Now all we need is the release date I'm becoming really impatient as I'm using my i7 integrated GPU whilst I wait
BeQuiet Darkbase Pro 900 | i7-7700K OC @ 5.10GHz | Custom water loop | ASUS MAximus Hero IX Z270 | Aurous Xtreme GTX 1080TI @ 2120mhz 12000mhz | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz CL15 | 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 250GB Samsung EVO 850 | Corsair HX750I PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit