Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 20-09-18, 07:33 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to sqpp
Question Intel Optane Question!

Hello Bello!

How are you guys?

I have some questions. Currently, I own an Mp500 120 Gb M2 version that has my Windows Installed, however it's pretty small, so I was thinking on an upgrade.

What I have in mind is that, I will replace this M2 with my Samsung 870 EVO (512M and instead of that M2 (which will be sold) going to get an Intel Optane.

Well, I do own some other storage, like (3 TB of WD Red 5600) and a (WD Black 2 TB - 7200)

What I am asking, if I am going to buy an Intel Optane, which version should I go with? 32 Gb or even more? Would it help the speeds with the 2 TB WD Black?

Sorry if something is not really clear, I am not really clear with this Optane thing.

Old 21-09-18, 11:18 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqpp View Post
Hello Bello!

How are you guys?

I have some questions. Currently, I own an Mp500 120 Gb M2 version that has my Windows Installed, however it's pretty small, so I was thinking on an upgrade.

What I have in mind is that, I will replace this M2 with my Samsung 870 EVO (512M and instead of that M2 (which will be sold) going to get an Intel Optane.

Well, I do own some other storage, like (3 TB of WD Red 5600) and a (WD Black 2 TB - 7200)

What I am asking, if I am going to buy an Intel Optane, which version should I go with? 32 Gb or even more? Would it help the speeds with the 2 TB WD Black?

Sorry if something is not really clear, I am not really clear with this Optane thing.
Optane acts as a cache, so the larger the Optane drive, the more data that can be cached inside of it at once, allowing more applications/data from your HDD to be accelerated.

When comparing to Seagate's FireCUDA drives, HDDs with built-in NAND cache, they use 8GB of NAND with a 2TB drive, so 16GB of Optane should be plenty. For your 2TB drive.
Old 23-09-18, 04:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to sqpp
@WYP

Thanks, I will go with the 32 Gb version, as I am also planning to install some hardcore game mods, with lots of textures!

Tags
asus, intel, optane