Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 25-08-18, 02:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoMan View Post
I was looking to make this a very small build but I wanted to fit the 1070 and the H100i which limits a lot of SFF itx cases.
Then the smallest you can go is the NCASE M1, which can fit an 240 AIO, such as the H100i and fit a full size GPU.

Old 25-08-18, 03:39 PM

That case looks nice, even has an TG panel option! although around £150 is a lot

Also im assuming that the airflow will be sacrificed so not as good cooling = noisier fans?

Also I'v just realised that the 240 AIO would be mounted in front of the mobo so there would be no point to have hte window
Old 25-08-18, 05:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoMan View Post
That case looks nice, even has an TG panel option! although around £150 is a lot

Also im assuming that the airflow will be sacrificed so not as good cooling = noisier fans?

Also I'v just realised that the 240 AIO would be mounted in front of the mobo so there would be no point to have hte window
No, that’s correct... Although, to be completely honest here, you seem to have too high expectations. A small build WILL be compromisses, that’s just how it really works. Unfortunately that’s just how it is, you can’t have it all.
Old 25-08-18, 05:15 PM

Yeh I'm aware, but maybe there was something good that I hadn't come across that can tick most of the boxes. tbh I'll just be sticking with the h200i or nano s.

And mostly changing up the gigabyte Z370N with the AsRock fatal1ty board as after some more research into the VRMs and the OC capabilities, the gigabyte board does look like the weaker option.

But again unless someone has a good reason for something different let me know
Old 25-08-18, 09:49 PM
OC3D Elite

ASRock is the best built ITX board. ASUS is probably the most optimized in BIOS and features. And Gigabyte well we all know their BIOS isn't that good.

For connectivity ASRock has Thunderbolt built in. It is 20 Gb/s instead of 40 Gb/s TB but for USB connectivity you can just buy HUB and connect anything that you need.

I would suggest that you turn back case fan to push air in rather than pull it out. In that case you will have front AIO in, back fan in, blowing air directly on the VRM and 2 fans top for exhaust. If you set it up that way any board will do fine.

Also you can change thermal pads on VRM heatsinks. Der8auer did testing with X299 and just buy replacing stock pads with ThermalGrizzly ones he got better temps. Make sure you clean heatsink and VRMs with alcohol and ALWAYS use same thickness pads to replace the stock ones.
Old 26-08-18, 12:21 AM

Hey Avet,

All of that makes sense to me, and thanks for the good advice on the arrangement of things!

Ok, I'll glad you guys helped me out as I will definitely be changing to the asrock board and other than that I think I'm pretty content with ordering everything tomorrow

Is there a place to post a finished build on the forums or will no one be interested in that hah?
Old 26-08-18, 06:57 AM
AMD Enthusiast

https://forum.overclock3d.net/forumdisplay.php?f=49
You can make a new thread in this link. You should use a image hosting service like imgur. Makes it easier to read