Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Benchmark Team

Old 06-03-19, 11:30 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
My RAM speed? in my sig fella, top link. 2133, which is why I didn't bother posting it.
I guess WYP's reason for the uniform format is that he can simply copy-paste the results to the leaderboard instead of having to do formatting for people as well.

Old 06-03-19, 11:30 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
You can download a portable version of it via TechPowerUp or Guru3D, if going through Windows Store bothers you.
Good to know. Hmm, Chrome marked the Guru3D one as a virus...

Quote:
What I have is a generation newer than the Haswell 5820k. It's Broadwell E, so it *should* have IPC around 5% higher than the 5820k, offsetting the 100mhz defacit I have. My RAM speed? in my sig fella, top link. 2133, which is why I didn't bother posting it.

My CPU won't overclock since adding four more DIMMs (2400mhz but running at 2133). Maybe that has something to do with it?

But yeah, when I got the CPU in June '17 I benched it and the results were the same on one core as my 5820k I replaced. So something is badly amiss when the CPU is clocking to 1.1ghz.
As I said, use the correct format. See Looz and Ofan's posts.

Understand that this makes it a lot easier for me to update the charts, and it will waste a tonne of my time, in the long run, if I need to look through posts, sigs etc for specs.

Update -

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
I guess WYP's reason for the uniform format is that he can simply copy-paste the results to the leaderboard instead of having to do formatting for people as well.
Basically this. Huge time sink in the long run.
Old 06-03-19, 11:39 AM
OC3D Elite

It's totally not working properly. I just opened up HWMON and it isn't using one core. It continually hops around, mostly at 1.1ghz. I went into my bios and I disabled the AVX offset yet still it won't load one core up at a time. I'm not doubting my main all core result, as I can see the CPU locked to 2.3ghz over all 14 cores and 28 threads, but in single core something is seriously wrong with this.

Maybe they will update and fix it? IDK. I have my machine up to date on the Windows side of things.

Old 06-03-19, 11:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
As I said, use the correct format. See Looz and Ofan's posts.

Understand that this makes it a lot easier for me to update the charts, and it will waste a tonne of my time, in the long run, if I need to look through posts, sigs etc for specs.
I don't want my score submitted so it doesn't matter. It's clearly totally wrong, and there is something wrong with the benchmark as my results defy logic. Like I said, my CPU should boost to 3.1ghz on one core meaning 100mhz slower than the 5820k meaning pretty much identical single threaded results. Like, exactly as I found them to be when I replaced my 5820k with this Xeon.

I *think* my multi core result is about right, as it's about 18% faster than a Ryzen 1800x @ 4.1ghz but the single core result is waffy AF.

Old 06-03-19, 12:15 PM
News Guru

Might be worth seeing how the CPU reacts to other AVX applications in single core mode, like the AVX enabled versions of Prime95.

On Broadwell-E there was also a Windows Update that messed up a few things. I had to delete a DLL file in windows to keep my overclock on X99.
Old 06-03-19, 12:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Might be worth seeing how the CPU reacts to other AVX applications in single core mode, like the AVX enabled versions of Prime95.

On Broadwell-E there was also a Windows Update that messed up a few things. I had to delete a DLL file in windows to keep my overclock on X99.
How and what did you do dude?

Gaming seems fine. I am getting between 2.8 and 3.1 ghz meaning Metro Exodus at least uses more than 4 cores (that is when it drops to 2.8).

Old 06-03-19, 12:45 PM
News Guru

Quote:
How and what did you do dude?

Gaming seems fine. I am getting between 2.8 and 3.1 ghz meaning Metro Exodus at least uses more than 4 cores (that is when it drops to 2.8).
I think using a new BIOS can fix it.

If that fails it requires changes to Win32. not 100% what the file is anymore, will need to check. Googling No Broadwell-E OC on Windows 10 should help.

Quick Update - The Standalone version of Cinebench R20 can be downloaded on Tech Power Up.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/maxon-cinebench/
Old 06-03-19, 01:41 PM
OC3D Elite

Well bugger me wid fish fork, there's only a bios about 5 months old for my board !

The funny thing is that would have been during the rebuild/recase/mod so I had absolutely no idea.

I shall have a poke shortly. It (MSI Live Update) has also found chipset drivers, usb drivers etc all newer than what I had. I would imagine all of it came out in the wake of Spectre/Meltdown whilst my PC and I were having a meltdown of our own

Old 06-03-19, 03:57 PM
OC3D Elite

I've tested my "couch gaming PC" desktop here, all settings at BIOS default atm as it's just been rebuilt

Single-Threaded

185cb, AMD FX-8320, Stock Clocks, 1333MHz DDR3, Windows 10, tgrech

Multi-Threaded

1173cb, AMD FX-8320, Stock Clocks, 1333MHz DDR3, Windows 10, tgrech

(Sorry for image quality it's still mostly offline)
Old 06-03-19, 03:59 PM
News Guru

Leaderboard updated. I wasn't expecting to see Piledriver on the charts! Nice one.

The single threaded test must have been a pain to sit through.