Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Forum Teams > [OC3D] Benchmark Team

Old 15-07-16, 10:22 AM
News Guru

3DMark Time Spy Thread

Today we have a new 3DMARK, so you know what that means! Time to do some benchmarking!

The idea is simple, use the new Time Spy Benchmark and share your scores. I will make a table later to show the scores from this new benchmark.

Old 15-07-16, 02:15 PM
Bettyswollocks

Here you go fella.

Link
Old 15-07-16, 02:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Can't link mine I am getting the same error I get with Firestrike.

So I looked it up...

Time measuring inaccurate

This message indicates funny business with the system clock during benchmark run. In most cases, this means that, no, you cannot cheat in 3DMark by adjusting Windows timers during the benchmark run or otherwise tampering with the measurements done by the benchmark. If this message persists and you have not done anything out of the ordinary, it may indicate a hardware issue with the real time clock in your system or the presence of a background program that somehow twists the time-space continuum of your operating system in such a way that this anti-cheat detection is tripped.

Say what now?

Old 15-07-16, 03:15 PM
OC3D Elite

I just spent several hours downloading the latest 3dMark from a link on Futuremarks site, my BB is less than great needless to say. I go to install it and noticed it skips the Time Spy dlc with a message "time spy test is not a Futuremark dlc" or words to that effect.

The rest of the install appears to go ok, but I'm missing the Time Spy test.

Note: I wonder if I've broken something as I did have a very old 3DMark Advanced install (v1.1 I think) using a Key my friend got with his GTX 970's (he got two, both had a key, I had one) would that have confused things? My old key being from before Time Spy even existed.

I wonder if it's worth un-installing this old version to avoid any issues first? Actually, I just went away and did exactly that, then ran CCleaner. Re-installing had the same results & 3DMark was showing as the Advanced version again.

Any advice? I'm half tempted to just buy it via Steam, but was hoping my old version, updated, would at least let me use the basic Time Spy tests, albeit without the custom run options I'm used to. However, I might just get the same issues.

Scoob.
Intel 2500k @ 4.6 | ASUS P8Z68-V Pro | 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM @ 1600 | 2x EVGA GTX 680 2gb | 2x Kingston SSD-Now 120gb (RAID 0) + Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb + Samsung Spinpoint 1tb | CM 690 II Lite case | Corsair AX860i PSU | LG 24" LCD display @ 1920x1200 | Windows 10 Pro. 64

Custom Loop: EK Supreme HF Black Acetal CPU Block | 2x Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP Black Brushed Stainless Steel GPU blocks | External Phobya 1080 rad in Bench Edition Chassis | Alphacool D5 Pump + high-flow top | EK Adv. Cylinder Reservoir | Phobya G-Silent 180mm fans (shrouded) | Phobya External 90w PSU
Old 15-07-16, 03:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Link

Just noticed that Kaapstad is ranked #4 in Time Spy.
Old 15-07-16, 05:48 PM
OC3D Elite

nothing impressive but here it is, [email protected] and [email protected]/4000

link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Not had any issues, using old key advanced from around 2 years ago, try to link your 3dmark online with steam then find the dlc in steam store and dl the free or paid version, should just start to dl as game update.

in faq it says you can just add 3dmark on steam if you didnt already

Quote:
Can I activate my existing 3DMark, PCMark 8 or VRMark product key on Steam?

Yes, this is possible. Just add your Advanced Edition key to the Steam client with "+Add a Game..." then "Activate a Product on Steam". Remember that the key will then be permanently tied to the Steam account it was applied to.
MSI Z97 Gaming 7, i7 [email protected], Palit Super Jetstream GTX 980ti, 16GB Corsair Vengence [email protected] 9/10/9/10/26 , Corsair HX850i, NZXT H440 grid+, Corsair H100 Push nff12, AF140 outake 5.6v, 3xsp120 intake 5.6v 250gb 840evo boot, 120gb V300 games, 1tb wd black storage||| 3Dmark score
Old 15-07-16, 06:41 PM
OC3D Crew

Won't install as it's DirectX 12 only. That'll be a no then.
Old 15-07-16, 07:03 PM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

Old 15-07-16, 07:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
I just spent several hours downloading the latest 3dMark from a link on Futuremarks site, my BB is less than great needless to say. I go to install it and noticed it skips the Time Spy dlc with a message "time spy test is not a Futuremark dlc" or words to that effect.

The rest of the install appears to go ok, but I'm missing the Time Spy test.

Note: I wonder if I've broken something as I did have a very old 3DMark Advanced install (v1.1 I think) using a Key my friend got with his GTX 970's (he got two, both had a key, I had one) would that have confused things? My old key being from before Time Spy even existed.

I wonder if it's worth un-installing this old version to avoid any issues first? Actually, I just went away and did exactly that, then ran CCleaner. Re-installing had the same results & 3DMark was showing as the Advanced version again.

Any advice? I'm half tempted to just buy it via Steam, but was hoping my old version, updated, would at least let me use the basic Time Spy tests, albeit without the custom run options I'm used to. However, I might just get the same issues.

Scoob.
Get it through Steam dude. So much win.

Old 15-07-16, 07:37 PM
OC3D Elite

@ Pr3d4t0r - will try that later, thanks.

@ AlienALX - seems that's the way...only ever had free versions of 3DMark in the past...either free version or free key. To be honest, I can't actually remember where this key originally came from, whether it was mates 970's or even older lol.

Scoob.
Intel 2500k @ 4.6 | ASUS P8Z68-V Pro | 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM @ 1600 | 2x EVGA GTX 680 2gb | 2x Kingston SSD-Now 120gb (RAID 0) + Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb + Samsung Spinpoint 1tb | CM 690 II Lite case | Corsair AX860i PSU | LG 24" LCD display @ 1920x1200 | Windows 10 Pro. 64

Custom Loop: EK Supreme HF Black Acetal CPU Block | 2x Alphacool NexXxoS ATXP Black Brushed Stainless Steel GPU blocks | External Phobya 1080 rad in Bench Edition Chassis | Alphacool D5 Pump + high-flow top | EK Adv. Cylinder Reservoir | Phobya G-Silent 180mm fans (shrouded) | Phobya External 90w PSU