Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 13-01-13, 09:09 PM

MSI GTX 670 PE OC Issues, Help!

Hello, I just got my MSI GTX 670 PE OC this saturday replacing my 570.

Specs:

Asus P8P67 Rev 3 (standard P67) Bios updated with 3602
Windows 8 64bit
12GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
600W Coolermaster Gold

Any other specs just ask

Problem; Flickering almost like the refresh rate is screwing up, I hooked the gpu up by HDMI to my TV (Toshiba 46" Plasma) as I don't have my monitor at the moment (getting replaced). I have tried all settings in terms of resoultions and refresh rates (60hz-24hz etc).

I have tried another TV and same thing happens and when using my gtx 570 it works perfectly fine with no flickering. I don't have an option of trying a different motherboard.

So it comes down to if anyone knows how to fix this problem and if it's worth updating the BIOS on the card to this: http://uk.msi.com/product/vga/N670-P...tml#/?div=BIOS. Or will this risk me bricking the card which after all having it only 2 days isn't what I would like to do.

Please help before I RMA it and it turns out it's fine and I get charged for it.

Old 14-01-13, 01:39 AM

Have you tried creating a custom resolution?
Old 14-01-13, 01:41 AM
OC3D Crew

My 670 does it crazy on far cry and then nothing on other game, i think its to do with some of the DX11 settings, fiddle about with it and you should get a happy balance

Upcoming Custom Parvum build!
Old 14-01-13, 01:44 AM

I posted on other forums including MSI and basically I have tried every available option you can think of then it just started RSOD on me not even allowing me to sort out anything, luckily I have my GTX 570 still which still works like a dream, I'm going to RMA the card and get a refund since I'm very stressed over all this and just can't be bothered anymore to try and solve something when it just won't work like it should, thanks for trying to help though, appreciated
Old 14-01-13, 08:12 AM

Hmm very weird.

I have the same model as you, I'm running 2x 22" LED's and then on HDMI I have either a 37" lcd tv or my 40 " 3d tv both running via hdmi no problems what so ever, you may of gotten a bad batch/card.