Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 24-06-16, 11:36 AM
The Guvnor

We're out out - The Brexit Thread

I thought Id kick this off, if you would like to discuss brexit implications both now and what happens in the future then here is place to do it.

Healthy debate is fine, you're all allowed differing opinions and expressing them but please do not belittle anyone else, no anger etc etc.

Mods will be monitoring this thread like hawks because this is new territory for us.

Im looking forward to reading both sides of the argument from you all.

Be nice x

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 24-06-16, 11:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Beeing from Scotland, I feel as if we've been dragged out of the EU by England, so another Scottish independence referendum would be appropriate.

Old 24-06-16, 11:53 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadShadow View Post
Beeing from Scotland, I feel as if we've been dragged out of the EU by England, so another Scottish independence referendum would be appropriate.
As a Northern Irish person, I also feel that we are being dragged out of the EU by England.

This will have huge implications for us as we have a border with the Republic of Ireland.

The result has also shown a divide between Unionist voters and their political leaders, as anything hampering our travel and trade with the south will hurt us massively.

I think a move to Scotland might be appropriate.
Old 24-06-16, 11:55 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadShadow View Post
Nicola Sturgeon has just said that an independence referendum is "highly likely"as Scotland was forced out of the EU against its will

On another note 61% voted out in Braintree essex although I welcome hard working europeans it's the minority of the bad ones that has changed peoples views here as the crime rate has risen in this area mainly involving eastern europeans.

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 24-06-16, 11:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
Nicola Sturgeon has just said that an independence referendum is "highly likely"as Scotland was forced out of the EU against its will
Yep but it can still take sometime before you get it. I dont think it can take place until the 2 year period is up. And can take longer if the Article 50 is extended beyond the 2 years.
Old 24-06-16, 12:15 PM
Resident Newb

Gear prices are already starting top go up, 1080's have gone up by £30 on OCUK, The 16GB Corsair LPX kit I was going to get has gone up from 80 to 100 slats.

Putting prices up on current stock is beyond greedy but then again I expect no less from OCUK.

Old 24-06-16, 12:16 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Yep but it can still take sometime before you get it. I dont think it can take place until the 2 year period is up. And can take longer if the Article 50 is extended beyond the 2 years.

Theyve already said they wont even start article 50 until after Cameron is replaced.

It doesnt happen instantly.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 24-06-16, 12:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Theyve already said they wont even start article 50 until after Cameron is replaced.

It doesn't happen instantly.
Brussels are not happy about that they want article 50 to be started next week this is Cameron buying time

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla

Old 24-06-16, 12:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post

It doesnt happen instantly.
Yes I know, I am saying that even once it is underway, Article 50 can be extended even further beyond the expected 2 year period.

It is clearly showing that the EU heirarchy are angered and are calling Cameron a coward for running, also demanding Article 50 begin right away.

What I am annoyed with is that the majority of the voters to leave are 65+ so it is like they did not even care what will happen to their younger generation. These interviews I see on live BBC now.. they all admit Farage told a lie about the 350mill a week, they all state their opinion was based on immigration and NHS but when asked to elaborate, they go quiet.

If there is a god.. he'd better help us all right now.
Old 24-06-16, 12:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Motion of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn issued now as well